Clinical Fellow in Palliative Medicine
- Martlets Hospice
- Hove, East Sussex
- NHS Pay Scale, commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- 16 Apr 2023
- Hospital, Palliative medicine
- Career Level
- Contract Type
- Fixed Contract
- Part Time
Martlets Hospice is a forward-thinking charity in a vibrant coastal city offering a full range of supportive, palliative and end of life care services for people living in and around Brighton and Hove. We support our patients early on in their illness so that appropriate advance care planning can take place to ensure their wishes and preferences are respected. This support continues throughout their journey.
Applications are invited for a Clinical Fellow with an interest in Palliative and End of Life Care. The successful candidate will be expected to work flexibly and co-operatively with the 3 Consultants, the Associate Specialist and the 4 Specialty Doctors employed by Martlets to ensure continuity of service provision and professional cover on the specialist palliative care in-patient unit and in the community.
This is an exciting new post that will provide excellent experience for those considering a career in Palliative Medicine or who want to gain palliative care skills appropriate for General Practice or Hospital Medicine.
- To work with the rest of the medical team to provide a comprehensive specialist palliative care service as part of a multi-disciplinary team on the in-patient unit
- To be responsible for admitting patients on to the in-patient unit, both routine and emergency admissions, conducting a holistic assessment and making an appropriate management plan in liaison with senior medical staff
- To participate in daily ward rounds in order to review the patients on the ward, liaise with their families and plan future care
- To undertake administrative duties associated with the care of these patients and related to the clinical service
- To actively engage and participate in clinical governance activities (e.g. incident reporting).
Key Skills required:
- Full GMC Registration and Licence to Practice
- Recognised Basic Medical Degree (MB BS or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years' full time (or equivalent part time) post graduate training
- Experience of working in General Medicine
- Experience of audit and/or other quality improvement work and clinical administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent clinical assessment skills
- Ability to use IT systems and standard Microsoft packages
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail with Dr Simone Ali, Medical Director and Consultant in Palliative Medicine, please contact the People Services Advisory Team on 01273 021548 to arrange this.
To apply online for this post please click the Apply button.
In addition to the above salary, we also offer a range of company benefits. You can download a copy of Martlets Benefits Statement by clicking here
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert