General Practitioner Clinical Lead - Balderton Primary Care Centre
- Operose Health
- Lowfield Lane, Balderton, NG24 3HJ
- Up to £126,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- General Practice, GP (salaried)
- Full Time
Clinical Lead GP required at Balderton Primary Care Centre
Balderton Primary Care Centre have an exciting opportunity for a General Practitioner Clinical Lead.
The Clinical Lead GP will report to the Regional GP Director and be responsible for leading and managing the practice to improve performance in partnership with the Practice Manager. They will have responsibility for overall practice performance to deliver care in line with contracted values, locally and Nationally Enhanced Schemes. They will also be expected to attend and represent Operose Health in locality and GP Federation meetings on behalf of the practice.
Balderton Primary Care Centre is a well-established, CQC Good rated practice with an excellent reputation for patient care quality and strong multidisciplinary teamwork. We are part of a group of 6 surgeries in Nottinghamshire and our wider group of 66 practices across England.
Our GPs, patients and practice teams benefit from innovative tech and workflow management processes. This approach improves patient access and streamlines administrative tasks, freeing up GPs to focus on clinical work with the support of our highly-trained MDT. Our GP’s are supported by our Regional Medical Director, with further support from the Regional Operations Manager and Regional Nurse Manager.
Balderton Primary Care Centre has a strong and dedicated team built up of GP’s, two practice nurses, healthcare assistant, PCN pharmacist, practice manager, reception team leader and a reception/admin workforce. The site is further supported by PCN staff including a mental health worker, social prescriber, health & wellbeing coach, first contact physiotherapist and care co-ordinator.
An acute home visiting service is in place which takes away additional workload from the GP’s on site.
The premises are of a high standard within a modern and well maintained surgery with ample onsite parking and a pharmacy. The surgery is accessible via A46 Nottinghamshire, A1 Lincoln, & A17 Sleaford. Additional benefits include close proximity to the hospital, urgent care centre and local amenities are within walking distance. Clinics and services also onsite include vasectomy, minor surgery, community midwife, pain management, health & families team incorporating safeguarding children’s team. CAMHS are due to be on site in the near future. There is an active PPG supporting the surgery with community engagement.
The Clinical Lead GP Lead role includes:
- Working in partnership with the practice manager to attain all CQC, local and contracted requirements
- Working in partnership with the wider corporate team to promote and deliver best practice care.
- Development and line management of Clinicians within the practice, including GP’s, nurses, pharmacists and AHPs. Recruit team members using Operose Health recruitment support, in line with budgets and establishment.
- Ensuring that SEAs and incidents are appropriately investigated and fed back, and establishing a strong safety culture.
- Thinking innovatively about the future, and how to provide care in the context of the GP Forward View and 10 Year Plan.
The Clinical Lead will be expected to work flexibly in providing leadership duties including (but not limited to) their management session.
The post holder will take part in leading on key disease areas (monitoring trends in the Quality and Outcomes Framework, Diabetes 8 Care Processes and Triple Target control, immunisation uptake, screening uptake, local KPIs, staff training and prescribing) and assist in developing appropriate healthcare services for a diverse, patient list (NHS Choices and GP Patient Survey, patient participation and health promotion).
Closely supported by the clinical and management teams the post holder will act as the Clinical Lead within the practice but will also be part of a larger clinical team across a network of practices. The role will be at the forefront of delivering an innovative model of primary care service provision operating in partnership with other local practices offering integrated primary care services.
There is a fantastic package on offer including:
- Highly competitive remuneration package
- Excellent working environment with unique levels of support to GPs
- Portfolio diversification opportunities including hubs, triage, teaching and education, digital platform remote consultation
- 6 weeks annual leave & one-week study leave pro rata
- Full MPS indemnity cover
- NHS Pension
- Full financial and practical support to become F2 supervisor/ GP Trainer
- GP Trainer Income
- Opportunity to develop medical student teaching and other specialist interests
- BUPA private health insurance(depending on number of sessions)
- Enhanced ill health cover
- Active practice social calendar
- Benefits package and 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular in-house clinical training/learning sessions and workshops
We are committed to the next generation of GP’s who will receive unrivalled support and be supported to grow and develop successful careers within the organisation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert