Are you an emerging medical doctor looking for the next step in your career in a unique and exciting overseas location?
Searson Buck Group has been appointed by the Tasmanian Health Service to manage their Doctors in Training Register for junior doctors in Tasmania, Australia and is now open for 2023.
As a Doctor in Training nowhere else in the world can an emerging doctor have the best of both worlds:
- A stimulating and varied scope of clinical work and;
- The ability to explore World Heritage areas, rugged coastlines and breathe some of the cleanest air in the world.
About the Tasmanian Health Service
The Tasmanian Health Service consists of a network of hospitals throughout the four different and dynamic regions; Hobart, Launceston, Latrobe and Burnie and there are Doctors in Training positions open across the four main hospitals in Tasmania.
- The Royal Hobart Hospital, Tasmania’s largest teaching and referral hospital, the hospital provides services for all of southern Tasmania and has capacity for 501 patients. Many state-wide services such as cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, major trauma, high-risk obstetrics, hyperbaric medicine, and neonatal intensive care are based at the hospital.
- The Launceston General Hospital serves the north of the state and provides services including Cardiology, Renal, Gastroenterology, Haematology-Oncology, Rehabilitation, General Surgery, Ear/Nose/Throat surgery, Plastic surgery, Orthopaedics, Radiology, Paediatrics and an Intensive Care Unit, Psychiatry: Inpatient Mental Health Unit and Consultation-Liaison services.
- The Mersey Community Hospital is a community hospital located near Devonport and provides quality generalist and specialist medical care. The Doctors in Training team rotate through the 95-bed facility on a coordinated rotation.
- The North West Regional Hospital is a 160-bed facility servicing the North West region and remote Tasmanian islands. The University of Tasmania has a strong presence throughout this hospital environment.
Further information about the Tasmanian Health Service can be found at www.health.tas.gov.au/hospitals
About the Doctors in Training Program
A doctors in training position with the Tasmanian Health Service provides unique opportunities to develop clinical skills, and to work in a range of settings. The Doctor in Training position is responsible for the day-to-day support of private and public inpatients and outpatients within the hospital environment and which may include after-hours emergency support. The Tasmanian Health Service offers new Doctors in Training an extensive education and clinical support program and recognises the value of clinicians from a wide variety of backgrounds and are able to provide support to applicants across all levels of experience. The benefits of joining the Doctors in Training program include:
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Salary Packaging | Maxxia
- Visa sponsorship (self and spouse arrangements).
- Relocation costs via reimbursement up to the value of $15,000, to support relocation to Tasmania from overseas. Relocation assistance is also available for relocation from within Australia.
- Staff health and wellbeing programs.
- Access to recommended immunisations.
- Smoke-free environment.
As a qualified doctor, you will need to be able to obtain General or Limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia. You will have strong communication skills and a genuine commitment to ensuring your patients receive the highest levels of clinical care and compassion.
- General or Limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration (or the ability to gain registration).
You will also be willing to undergo pre-employment checks from your country of origin and/or residence. These checks will include:
- Conviction Checks (crimes of violence, sex-related offences, serious drug offences and crimes involving dishonesty).
- Identification Check.
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Appointees will be paid in accordance with the Medical Practitioners (Public Sector) Award and the Salaried Medical Practitioner’s Agreement 2019. Base salaries commence at **$79,578 (Medical Practitioner Level 2 - Resident) through to $138,593 (Medical Practitioner Level 11 - Senior Registrar) dependent upon experience. Additional allowances are payable based on individual roles, for example additional penalty payments for shift work or for working additional hours.
**The Tasmanian Health Service is currently negotiating a new wages agreement with wage rises anticipated to take effect July 2023.
How to apply
This is an opportunity to play a part in supporting and improving the lives of all Tasmanians. To find out more about the Doctors in Training Program visit our website: https://www.searsonbuck.com.au/advancedSearch.aspx?search=1&campaign=doctorsintraining
For more information please contact: Narelle on (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nick (email@example.com) or please call +61 3 6223 3055.
All applications must provide a resume and cover letter highlighting how your experience aligns with both the role and the Tasmanian Health Service and the type of role you are seeking.
Applications close 30th December 2023