- Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board
- £86,063 to £111,732 a year Per annum
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Hospital, Ophthalmology
- Career Level
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This post will join the team of Consultants responsible for the provision of Ophthalmology services to Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. The Ophthalmology Consultants share the responsibility of providing Ophthalmology services for the local population in all CTM District General Hospitals and sister hospitals. The Consultant post will be based at the Princess of Wales Hospital for admin and secretarial support but the post holder will be expected to work at all of CTM sites.
Main duties of the job
- Provide professional and managerial supervision of junior medical staff
- Continuing responsibility for the care of patients under his/her care, allowing proper delegation to, and training of staff, ensuring that concise, agreed management plans are clearly displayed in the notes of patients with complex conditions
- Undertake wards rounds to identify and assess problems and plan management of care and be actively available during the working week so that medical and nursing staff can communicate and consult freely
- Ensure that an appropriate model of care is adopted which recognises the involvement of the multi-disciplinary team, the patient and the family.
English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply
Interview date: 13th June 2023
Work in line with Health board Values:
We listen and learn to improve
We treat everyone with respect
We all work together as one team
- Assist the multi-disciplinary team in the production of referenced, evidence-based guidelines, which are dated, signed and reviewed at least bi-annually or more frequently in light of new evidence.
- Work with the rest of the consultant team to provide strong professional leadership within the department and be mentored in the delivery of a high quality service provided by well-trained staff within clear departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain good communication with clinical colleagues across the Health Board, regarding the treatment of their patients and the appropriate use of the departments resources.
- general experience - operating
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board (CTMUHB) provides primary, community, hospital and mental health services to the 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf. Providing great health care to our community is our number one priority.
CTMUHB is one of the largest Health Boards in Wales, with three district general hospital sites, and was formed in 2019. We are ideally situated between Wales’ capital city Cardiff to the south, the coastal town of Porthcawl to the west, and the stunning scenery in the Brecon Beacons National Park to the north where you can explore the breath-taking beauty of the mountains, waterfalls and woodlands. We operate within a vibrant community, rich with history and heritage. You can also explore other parts of Wales. Our central location makes us the perfect starting point and we’re within easy reach of vibrant cities including Swansea and Bristol, as well as Cardiff.
If you come to work in Cwm Taf Morgannwg you will be guaranteed a warm Welsh welcome, opportunities for professional development and a clinical environment that innovates to improve. With almost 12,000 staff our workforce is the lifeblood not only of the University Health Board, but also many of the communities that we serve. We take our staff wellbeing seriously and have dedicated wellbeing rooms and mindfulness sessions. Our Health Board is committed to building a culture it feels proud of, with recognisable values at its core that can be felt and understood by every person who comes into contact with them.
You don’t have to speak Welsh to work in our organisation but we will give you the opportunity to learn. We take staff development seriously and encourage everyone to flourish and progress during their time with us.
For those of you with a young family childcare is available on all three acute hospital sites. There are excellent schools and affordable housing both within and just outside the Health Board.
Whether its paddle boarding, caving, outdoor swimming or singing in a male voice choir- Cwm Taf Morgannwg will provide a fantastic work-life balance for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert