Consultant Vascular and Endovenous Surgeon
- London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
- £88,364 to £119,133 a year 10 PAs per week
- Closing date
- 22 Apr 2023
- Hospital, Vascular surgery
- Career Level
- Contract Type
- Full Time
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust is one of the largest integrated care trusts in the country bringing together hospital and community services across Brent, Ealing and Harrow.
We are inviting applications for a 10 PA Consultant Vascular and Endovenous Surgeon post at Northwick Park to join the busy Vascular Surgery team.
The post offers opportunities to further develop special interest in Vascular and Endovenous Surgery, as well as contribute to the academic and educational activities of the Directorate.
The Trust offers comprehensive Vascular surgical services, alongside Interventional Radiology colleagues and services. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a commitment to elective Vascular surgery. He/she will be expected to have an interest in Endovenous surgery and to manage patients with general vascular problems admitted to the Surgical wards. The successful candidate would be expected to have a strong academic and educational interest and track-record in these areas.
The successful applicant should possess FRCS (or equivalent) and should be included on the Specialist Register or be within 6 months of CCT at the time of the interview, if currently within a training programme in the United Kingdom.
Main duties of the job
The appointee will join the existing Vascular Surgery team (5 Consultant surgeons at Northwick Park) in the provision of emergency, acute and elective Vascular Surgery. They will be expected to take part in the Emergency On-call rota (1:6). The successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing the most up to date evidence based care for patients. Applicants should have established skills in Vascular and Endovenous surgical procedures.
The post holder will provide an expert opinion, investigate and manage those patients with known or suspected disorders of the arteries and veins. Management of these problems will involve appropriate modern surgical techniques and close team working with interventional radiologists, physicians, anaesthetists and supporting services to ensure the best outcomes possible for the people of NW London with vascular conditions.
Along with the other vascular surgeons, the post holder will also offer collaborative working with other surgical specialities at LNWH, Hillingdon Hospitals as well as other neighbouring Trusts. This may involve travelling to nearby hospitals to provide the appropriate care.
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A&E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.
To view the main responsibilities, please see the attached the Job Description and Person Specification
- MBBS/or equivalent FRCS, Entry on the Specialist Registrar (or be within 6 months CCST date in at the time of Interview)
- MD, PhD or M.S or MBA
- Expertise in the full spectrum of vascular surgical managements and knowledge of the full spectrum of Vascular Disease.
- Full GMC registration and CCST or within 6 months of completion
Education and Teaching
- A good record of teaching. Evidence of teaching skills.
Audit and Management
- Evidence of a strong track record of audit work and management
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) is one of the largest integrated NHS Trusts in the country. Our team of more than 8,000 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of approximately one million people providing hospital and community services to the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
As well as delivering community services across four London boroughs from multiple sites we run major acute hospital services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A&E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country’s top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark’s Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for colorectal disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, which also offers a range of outpatient services and urgent care centre.
We also provide specialist care at Meadow House Hospice. We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.
To find out more about our Trust, why not view our video We are London North West University Healthcare
Our values - HEART
Our vision at London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust is to provide excellent clinical care in the right setting
We are clear that our vision can only be achieved by our staff, who are our most valuable asset.
Our vision is driven by our HEART values and behaviours which were developed together with our staff.
These values describe how we interact with each other and our patients and must underpin everything we do to achieve our vision.
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust welcomes applications from people who wish to work part time or flexibly.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert