Postgraduate Medical Education Fellow
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- London / Isleworth
- £33,790 to £53,132 a year + London Weighting
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- University & research
- Career Level
- Contract Type
- Fixed Contract
- Full Time
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is looking to appoint Postgraduate Education Fellows for 2023-2024! These posts are an exciting opportunity for junior doctors to formally develop their medical education experience and for those who want to make a commitment to education as part of their career.
These are one year fixed term 'out of programme' posts, based either at the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital site or the West Middlesex Hospital site.
- Medical Education Fellows (2 posts per site, 4 posts in total)
- Serious Incidents and Patient Safety Fellow (cross-site x 1 post)
- Postgraduate Education Leading through Education for Excellent Patient Care (LEEP) fellow (West Middlesex Hospital site x 1 post)
Please note you should only apply for the post if the following criteria are met:
- Fully GMC registered
- Have significant experience of working in the NHS
- At a more senior level of training than IMT2/CT2
- Able to attend either virtual or face-to-face interview if shortlisted - anticipated 20th March 2023
- Able to take post anywhere between April-August 2023 for a 1-year fixed term post - some flexibility may be afforded here depending on speciality rotation dates and post appointed to
Main duties of the job
The successful applicants should aim to use the year to build on their personal teaching experience, develop expertise in education theory and practice and undertake supervised educational research.
Clinical work is encouraged if wanted. Each post includes the opportunity for one half or whole day for this purpose, the nature of which is flexible, to allow exploration of areas or interest or to develop further commitment to a chosen specialty. There is no mandatory on-call work.
If you would like to speak to one of our current Postgraduate education fellows regarding the roles, please email them on firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide services from two main hospitals, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East. We have over 6,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care for nearly one million people. Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best preforming Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff say they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment.
Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing around 10 million a year in our estate. We are currently spending 25 million on expanding our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and redevelopment of our children's unit at West Middlesex - in partnership with our charity, CW+ and generous donors.
Candidates are advised to read the fill job description (attached) which includes the selection criteria and details on how to apply.
Education and Qualifications
- A Core-StR or SpR in a recognised specialty training programme.
- Full GMC registration
- Prizes or distinctions
- Educational Qualification e.g. PGCert or MSc
- Significant experience of working within the NHS (at least 3 years)
- Satisfactory progression through training as demonstrated by satisfactory RITA or ARCP outcomes.
- Presentation of work at a national or international meeting
- Publications in peer reviewed journals
- Demonstrates knowledge of career pathways in medical education
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to demonstrate personal and educational reasons for applying for this Fellowship programme
- Shows a commitment to continuing professional development
- Understands and can apply a range of educational concepts
- Research experience
- Demonstrates how the post will benefit patients in London in the future
- Good general knowledge / broad interest in academic medicine
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert