Clinical Fellow ST3+
- St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Tooting, London
- £33,790 to £53,132 a year on- call supplement
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- Hospital, Respiratory medicine
- Career Level
- Contract Type
- Fixed Contract
- Full Time
Chest medicine at St George's is central to the successful running of the trust. Team members contribute to inpatient and outpatient care and offer intervention and other activities.
The post holder will work at ST3 level within the respiratory and acute medicine teams. The job will be full-time covering wards, on-call (respiratory and general medicine) and clinics under consultant supervision.
Main duties of the job
- To provide medical care for outpatients with respiratory and general medical conditions
- To follow trust policies and guidelines
- To support junior medical staff and work productively with all members of the multidisciplinary team
- To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act and its amendments.
- To work in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities policy to eliminate unlawful discrimination in relation to employment and service delivery.
- To ensure skills are up-to-date and relevant to the role, to follow relevant Trust policies and professional codes and to maintain registration where this is a requirement of the role.
- To comply with St. George's Healthcare No Smoking Policies.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade and the needs of the service.
Our main site, St George's Hospital in Tooting - one of the country's principal teaching hospitals - is shared with St George's, University of London, which trains medical students and carries out advanced medical research. St George's Hospital also hosts the St George's, University of London and Kingston University Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences, which is responsible for training a wide range of healthcare professionals from across the region.
Please see the main responsibilities and duties of the job as included in the attached job description
- MBBS or equivalent Full MRCP completed Full current GMC registration
- Core medical training or equivalent (involving a minimum of 4 years work within an acute hospital setting)
- Experience in bronchoscopy Experience in out-patient clinics (preferably respiratory) Teaching experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform audit and service improvement projects
- General medicine and respiratory medicine (at least at completion of IMT2 level)
- Specialist respiratory knowledge e.g. attendance at training days, conferences, prior experience in specialty
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert