Community CAMHS Specialty Doctor
- North East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Maidstone, Kent
- £50,373 to £78,759 a year per annum
- Closing date
- 20 Apr 2023
- Hospital, Psychiatry, Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Career Level
- Specialty doctor
- Contract Type
- Full Time
COMMUNITY CAMHS SPECIALTY DOCTOR
Salary:50,373- 78,759 PER ANNUM
Job type - Permanent Full-time: 10 Programmed Activities
Job Location: The Courtyard, Pudding Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1PA
Registration with the GMC with a licence to practice
Section 12 certification, or a commitment to work towards this.
Mastery in the management of a broad range of mental disorders
At least 4 years of full-time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time basis) of which at least 2 years will be in a specialty training programme in a relevant specialty or as a fixed term specialty trainee or shall have equivalent experience and competencies
Main duties of the job
Work collaboratively with consultants in providing clinical leadership to the clinical team
To be successful in your application, you will need:
- Full GMC licence to practice
- Section 12 certification, or a commitment to work towards this
- To be innovative, motivated, and passionate about child & adolescent psychiatry
- Have essential understanding of current developments in psychiatry
- A team working ethos
- Relocation expenses
- Career Development and training
- Just & Compassionate Culture
- Award winning Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion initiatives
- Vivup employee benefits platform and salary sacrifice scheme
- Salary Finance and Financial Wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health & Wellness initiatives
- 11 Staff Networks including parents & carers network, ethnic minorities network, LGBT+ network and Disability network to name a few.
- Retail Discounts
- Flexible working and agile working
- Cycle to work scheme
NELFT is an award-winning community and mental health Trust, providing healthcare for over 4.9 million people, ensuring our patients, family and friends feel confident that their health needs are met. We are committed to delivering the best care to the communities we serve across North East London, Essex and Kent.
With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled healthcare professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care. Joining us will provide you with unparalleled access to training opportunities, including support for CESR development, continuous CPD, peer support groups, and a robust supervision and appraisal system.
We are currently recruiting for a community CAMHS Specialty Doctor position in the Maidstone CAMHS Community Team, based at The Courtyard, Pudding Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1PA.
You will join a dedicated group of substantive Consultants and SAS doctors within the service and will have the opportunity to influence future direction, treatment, and models of design in the area in which you work.
The posts offers full-time 10 programmed Activities post with 8.5 Direct Clinical Contact activities and 1.5 Supporting Professional Activities. You will have the opportunity to participate in the resident on-call rota for KMAH.
Kent is a county in Southeast England and one of the home counties.
You are expected to:
- Work as part of multidisciplinary teams providing care to children and young people with mental health needs, across Maidstone.
- Provide senior medical support to the team, and direct input on clinical cases.
- Provide guidance and supervision to the team.
- Work directly with children and young people and their families and liaise as appropriate with other external CAMHS mental health providers, and acute hospitals.
- Work alongside another CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrists within the service and share supervision requirements with them.
- Develop links already established with the local acute trusts A&E departments and inpatient wards.
- Offer clinical supervision and teaching to the core trainees in placement.
- Support your peers and the team manager and be an effective team member whilst working on their own initiative.
- Supervise junior colleagues and liaise with other health and social professionals and agencies.
- Registration with the GMC with a licence to practice.
- Section 12 Approval or eligibility for it
- A postgraduate qualification in psychiatry
- Mastery in the management of a broad range of mental disorders
- At least 4 years of full-time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time basis) of which at least 2 years will be in a specialty training programme in a relevant specialty or as a fixed term specialty trainee or shall have equivalent experience and competencies.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert