Inpatient and enhanced Treatment Pathway Consultant CAMHS Psychiatrist
- North East London NHS Foundation Trust
- £88,364 to £119,133 a year per annum
- Closing date
- 20 Apr 2023
- Hospital, Psychiatry, Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Career Level
- Contract Type
- Full Time
INPATIENT & ENHANCED TREATMENT PATHWAY
CONSULTANT CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRIST
88,364 - 119,133 PER ANNUM
Job type - Permanent
Full-time: 10 Programmed Activities
Job Location: Kent & Medway Adolescent Hospital, TN12 0ER.
- Full GMC License
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Section 12 Approval or eligibility for it.
- Approved Clinician status, or eligibility for it.
- Inclusion in, or eligibility for inclusion in the Specialist Register or within 6 months of obtaining CCST
Main duties of the job
To act as a Senior Clinician to the clinical team
To be successful in your application, you will need:
- To hold MRCPsych or equivalent, and a CCT
- To be innovative, motivated, and passionate about Child and Adult mental health care
- Have essential understanding of current developments in psychiatry
- A team working ethos
- Relocation expenses
- Career Development and training
- Just & Compassionate Culture
- Award winning Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion initiatives
- Vivup employee benefits platform and salary sacrifice scheme
- Salary Finance and Financial Wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health & Wellness initiatives
- 11 Staff Networks including parents & carers network, ethnic minorities network, LGBT+ network and Disability network to name a few.
- Retail Discounts
- Flexible working and agile working
- Cycle to work scheme
NELFT is an award-winning community and mental health Trust, providing healthcare for over 4.9 million people, ensuring our patients, family and friends feel confident that their health needs are met. We are committed to delivering thebest careto the communities we serve across North East London, Essex and Kent.
With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled healthcare professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care. Joining us will provide you with unparalleled access to training opportunities, continuous CPD, peer support groups, and a robust supervision and appraisal system.
We are currently recruiting for a Consultant Psychiatrist in the Adolescent Tier 4 CAMHS service at Kent and Medway Adolescent Hospital, TN12 OER.
You will join a dedicated group of substantive Consultants and SAS doctors within the service and will have the opportunity to influence future direction, treatment, and models of design in the area in which you work.
The post offers full-time 10 programmed Activities post with 7.5 Direct Clinical Contact activities and 2.5 Supporting Professional Activities.
Kent is a county in Southeast England and one of the home counties. It borders Greater London to the northwest, Surrey to the west and East Sussex to the southwest. Kent is famously known as the Garden of England, renowned for its beauty.
You are expected to:
- Provide guidance and supervision to the team
- Work directly with young people and their families and liaise as appropriate with community CYPMHS consultants
- Take the lead on emergency Mental Health Act assessments of CAMHS cases in the Section 136 suite on the KMAH site, during working hours as required
- Participate in the on-call rota frequency is currently 1:8, with a 5% of basic salary, Category A on-call supplement. (The consultant on call is second on call, and generally offers advice over the phone)
- Support your peers and team leader, and be an effective team member whilst allowing them to work with their own initiative
- Supervise junior colleagues
- Commit to collaborative working, actively supporting and liaising with other health and social professionals, and agencies.
- MRCPsych or equivalent. Section 12 Approval or eligibility for it. Approved Clinician status, or eligibility for it. Inclusion in, or eligibility for inclusion in the Specialist Register or within 6 months of obtaining CCST
- Masters or Doctorate degree. A management qualification. ECDL or equivalent qualification. Experience in strategic development
- Mastery in the management of a broad range of mental disorders
- Experience in managing patients from different cultural backgrounds. Working with interpreters and translators
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert