- Barts Health NHS Trust
- £88,364 to £119,133 a year per annum pro rata
- Closing date
- 19 Apr 2023
- Hospital, Dermatology
- Career Level
- Contract Type
- Part Time
Division of Medicine
(6 PAs at WCH and 2 PAs at RLH)
Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a substantive Consultant Dermatologist based at Whipps Cross, Barts Health NHS Trust. This is a part time position of 8PAs per week, 6PAs at Whipps Cross Hospital, and 2PAs at The Royal London Hospital working in the specialist immunobullous clinics. The successful post holder will support a provision of outpatient and inpatient care (ward referrals) for patients referred for dermatology care. The post holder will play a key role in meeting the increasing demand of skin cancer referrals, providing 'see and treat' clinics/biopsies, complex secondary care referrals and specialist clinics, such as paed derm and tele-dermatology. The post holder will also be triaging referrals via ERS system such as A&G, attending the weekly cancer MDT as well as local and regional teaching/governance meetings. The post also has an exciting opportunity to develop a new PIFU pathway in line with the GIRFT national programme a degree of digital literacy is therefore desirable.
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which ourWeCarevalues and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
You must be fully registered with the GMC and hold a Licence to Practise and be on the Specialist Register, or within six months of attaining your CCT or equivalent at interview stage.
Dermatology sits within the Division of Medicine directorate. The department provides a comprehensive general dermatology service, as well as a range of multi-disciplinary specialist services including skin cancer, advanced skin surgery, genital dermatoses and psychodermatology as well as providing support to the local GPSI dermatology service. On the academic side we run several commercial and non-commercial clinical trials on site and have close links with the Centre for Cutaneous Research, Queen Mary University of London.
There is an exciting Whipps Cross redevelopment plan to build a new hospital. Whipps Cross University Hospital is close to Epping Forest, with scenic beauty , excellent housing, superb amenities and school facilities.
- MBBS (or equivalent)
- MRCP UK (or equivalent)
- Eligible for full GMC Registration
- On GMC Specialist Register in Dermatology or within 6 months of attainment of CCT or equivalent
- Comprehensive clinical training in General Medical conditions,
- General Dermatology diagnostic and treatment procedures;
- Specialist areas including Dermato-pathology, Phototherapy, skin cancers/Pigmented lesions/melanoma, contact dermatitis, Vulval dermatoses, Paediatric Dermatology etc.;
- inpatient care for those who require hospitalisation treatment
- Dermatological procedures and surgery.
Audit Management & IT
- Evidence of conducting and presenting clinical audit projects, attendance of dept meetings and post-graduate activities and management meetings
- Topol fellowship
Research. Teaching skill & experience
- Understanding / knowledge of Research ethics
- Experience of teaching medical undergraduates
- Attainment of MD or equivalent higher degrees
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert