- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- London (South), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Hospital, Psychiatry, Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Career Level
- Contract Type
- Fixed Contract
- Full Time
Southwark CAMHS – Full time (10 PAs) Locum Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist - child and family team and King’s Paediatric Liaison team - 10PAs - Fixed Term/6 Months
An exciting opportunity has arisen a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to join Southwark CAMHS. This posts have been created following restructuring and additional investment.
Southwark CAMHS provides a comprehensive range of community-based child and adolescent mental health services across the London Borough of Southwark. The service also has access to National and Specialist services provided at the Michael Rutter Centre, as well as inpatient facilities and enhanced community-based crisis services.
Main duties of the job
This full-time locum consultant post offers the unique opportunity to join an established and dynamic team of 5 Consultants in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, within South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust.
The post holder will work with the Child and Family Team, an experienced MDT providing assessments and interventions for with children <12 and their families, presenting with moderate/severe mental health needs. The post holder will also provide clinical input to the Paediatric Liaison Service at King’s College Hospital, which offers assessment and risk management for children and young people with mental health needs presenting in crisis at King’s.
The service offers placements to Core and Higher Trainees on the SLAM/Oxleas Training scheme and it is expected that the post holder will be the clinical supervisor for the core/higher trainee allocated to this post.
The post holder will also join the Southwark CAMHS management team which comprises of senior clinicians in the service, including two non-medical consultants. The successful applicant will also join the SLaM consultant CAMHS on-call rota (see On-call Section).
Working for your organisation
Both Mapother House and King’s College Hospital are based on or close to the Maudsley site, which is located less than 5 minutes away from Denmark Hill train station (zone 2).
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. It’s important to us that you are valued and appreciated and that is why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer.
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave. We offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance. We support a range of flexible working options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development. There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes.
- Car lease.
- Our staff benefit from keyworker housing, which is available on selected sites.
- NHS discounts.
Other benefits include:
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
We look forward to receiving your application.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Southwark CAMHS employs a large number of child and adolescent mental health staff from a variety of disciplines. Interventions are offered with a multi-disciplinary team approach drawing on a number of specialist therapeutic approaches and different psychotherapy models – such as CBT, psychotherapy, creative therapies and systemic therapy. The service has developed clear pathways of working together with other agencies in the borough as well as national and specialist services in the directorate.
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
For further details / informal visits contact: Dr Anto Ingrassia - Job title: Lead Psychiatrist - Email address: Anto.Ingrassia@slam.nhs.uk. Additional contact information:
Saurabh Dhingra (Sam), Southwark CAMHS service manager- Saurabh.Dhingra@slam.nhs.uk
We want you to help us change lives
Our strategy is named 'Changing Lives' because everything we do is to help people improve their lives. We know this is what matters to our service users, carers, families, local communities and our passionate staff.
Watch our video for just one example of how our amazing staff have changed the lives of our service users. See more Changing Lives videos on our
To achieve our Changing Lives strategy this we are focused on the quality of our services, but we cannot do this alone. We work in partnership with people and communities to make the trust a great place to work to attract and retain the very best people.
By joining us, you can help us make a difference to lives by seeking excellence in all mental health and wellbeing: prevention, care, recovery, education and research.
Our Changing Lives strategy sets out five strategic aims to steer our work:
- Quality: we will get the basics right in every contact and keep improving what matters to service users
- Partnership: we will work together with service users, their support networks and whole populations to realise their potential
- A great place to work: we will value, support and develop our managers and staff
- Innovation: we will strive to be at the forefront of what is possible, exploiting our unique strengths in research and development, with everyone involved and learning
- Value: we will make the best use of our assets, resources, relationships and reputation to support the best quality outcomes
We support our professionals and service users to take different roles and approaches that will help people change their lives. Our well-established five commitments to build trusting, mutual relationships set us on good course for this:
- I will be caring, kind and polite
- I will be prompt and value your time
- I will take time to listen to you
- I will be honest and direct with you
- I will do what I say I am going to do
We are immensely proud of our staff and like to think that you’re not just joining a great place to work – you’re becoming part of the SLaM family. We will reward your hard work with a wide offer of career and research opportunities, and a range of benefits for both you and your family.
To learn more about your life at SLaM visit www.slam.nhs.uk
- Maudsley Hospital
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert