Clinical Research Fellow
- Imperial College London
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- £29,384 to £58,398 per annum (plus £2,162 London allowance per annum)
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- University & research
- Career Level
- Contract Type
- Fixed Contract
- Full Time
Clinical Research Fellow
£29,384 to £58,398 per annum (plus £2,162 London allowance per annum)
Location: St Mary’s Campus
Applications are invited for a research-focused clinician with an interest to expand their knowledge of respiratory medicine.
As Clinical Research Fellow you will to work under the direction of Professor Salman Siddiqui on an Astra Zeneca funded (investigator initiated and Imperial College sponsored) national clinical trial called ‘’A RAndomised Placebo Controlled Trial - to Explore the Efficacy and Mechanism of Action of Tezepelumab in Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (RACEMATE)’’. You will contribute to the successful running of this research study and will also assist other ongoing or future clinical research projects and clinical trials within the department.
The post will be suitable for physicians who wish to gain experience in clinical research, laboratory research and in management and execution of clinical trials. There will be no clinical duties and no on-call, but you will be encouraged to participate in clinical activities in order to maintain your skills. Ideally the post holder would have experience in bronchoscopy - but this is not essential.
The post is for three years and will be suitable for physicians who wish to undertake an MD/PhD.
Duties and responsibilities
- Undertake Laboratory and Clinical Research in the RACEMATE clinical trial
- Work cohesively with the Imperial Clinical Trials Unit (ICTU) to support and direct the RACEMATE trial
- Undertake other clinical research within the research group
- Maintain accurate and accessible research records
- Participate in research meetings and internal seminars
- The post holder will be responsible for accurate record keeping and documentation of results, and for preparing research reports and papers arising from his/her research.
- Must hold GMC (General Medical Council) registration
- Degree in Medicine
- Good working acquaintance with standard computer software
- Clinical experience in Respiratory medicine
- Ability to exercise initiative and work independently
- Appropriate clinical skills in medicine
This is a Full Time and Fixed Term post for 3 years based at the St Mary's Campus.
Salary upon appointment will also include an additional London Weighting Allowance of £2,162 per annum (pro rata if applicable).
Please note, if you’re not on an approved NHS training programme you will be appointed on the Clinical staff not holding consultant contracts salary scale.
As this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, at the appropriate level, will be required for the successful candidate.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact Professor Salman Siddiqui at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 13th April 2023.
To apply, please click the Apply button.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert