- Elysium Healthcare
- Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Hospital, Psychiatry
- Career Level
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Join the vibrant team at Rhodes Wood Hospital, a specialist CAMHS Eating Disorder service with 3 wards that empowers recovery in a fast-paced, challenging and fun environment for children and young people aged 8-18 years with eating disorders - which offers compressed hours flexibility and a relocation package of £8,000.
Rhodes Wood is working through a programme to continually innovate, improve and deliver excellent care to our young people and a rewarding experience for employees.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist working 37.5 hours per week over 4 or 5 days, you will deliver an evidence-based and focused treatment plan to support the children and young people aged 8-18, and their families, as they progress through their care plans to understand eating behaviours and restore physical health.
You will work alongside the talented and experienced multidisciplinary team to create tailored treatment programmes to support the individual needs of each young person within a warm and nurturing environment. This will allow you to understand symptoms, patterns and origins of psychological distress.
There is an on-call element to this role.
We encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19. As such, you will need to have had your Covid Vaccine to be eligible for this position.
Other responsibilities include:
- Review referrals and determine appropriateness for admission
- Conduct Admission assessment and ensure effective management plans of all young people on the unit
- Conduct risk assessment and review regularly
- Allocate specialist psychological treatments in line with individual needs
- Assess physical health
- Ensuring effective liaison with referring teams
- Facilitating regular CPA review meeting
- Act as Responsible Medical Officer for young people detained under the Mental Health Act
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Registered on the Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry with a licence to practice
- Experience of CAMHS eating disorders desirable
What you will get
- Competitive annual salary
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off!
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
- Medical indemnity cover
- Flexibility to work in clinically led environments
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
To apply, please click the apply button.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert