- £91,388 to £98,466 dependent upon experience and length of service
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- General Practice, GP (principal / partner)
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Are you an experienced GP ready to take the next step in your journey?
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated Lead GP with an interest in the unique challenges and rewards of inner city working.
Working collaboratively with the Lead Nurse, Practice and Operational Managers at Broadmead, you will inspire and influence the whole practice, contributing to our open, learning culture.
You will manage and lead the GP team, and need a flexible approach to oversee the Lead Nurse and any Allied Health Professionals or additional roles within the practice.
The exciting opening also gives you the opportunity to work collaboratively with and benefit from the support of BrisDoc’s wider leadership team in delivering BrisDoc’s primary care portfolio and new and innovative projects.
Responsible to: Deputy Medical Director for Practice Services
Hours: Full time or near full time (30 - 37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £91,388 to £98,466 dependent upon experience and length of service. Pro rata for part time hours.
Interested: – get in touch with me direct via firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an expression of interest via email@example.com.
We are working hard to increase diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds and lived experiences, including:
- people from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic communities
- disabled people
- LGBT+ communities
Dr Caroline Stovell, GP and Deputy Medical Director
“I am excited to share this fantastic opportunity to join our brilliant team at Broadmead Medical Centre. This is a great opportunity to grow your leadership skills without the financial risk of partnership. You will work closely with our Lead Nurse, Practice Manager and Ops Manager.
This would suit an experienced GP wishing to step into a leadership role with a healthy helping of autonomy and influence, balanced with strong teamwork, and support from me and the wider BrisDoc team leadership team.
We pride ourselves on our open learning culture and being a place to grow with an abundance of coaching and mentoring and wider opportunities at hand".
- Discretionary annual bonuses
- NHS Pension
- Flexible working options
- Supervision, CPD and Development opportunities
- 30 days annual leave pro rata (rising to 32+ with length of service)
- Health & Wellbeing Benefits – dedicated Wellbeing Hub and EAP
- Employee owned Social Enterprise organisation
Broadmead Medical Centre is a dynamic training practice with a broad demographic, current list size of 12,000. We provide the usual broad range of primary care services, particularly to students and young families, working people living in the City Centre, homeless and more vulnerable people, international patients and a smaller elderly cohort. This is a vibrant and happy place to work, with a real sense of family and teamwork. We have a shared passion to reduce health inequality.
The practice environment is mutually supportive with one hour daily protected time 1-2pm for peer discussion and practice meetings. There is an excellent team of Nurses that the GPs work alongside, strong support from a Practice Pharmacist Team, Physician’s Associate, Podiatrist, Dietician, Social Prescribers and Bristol Drugs Project shared care workers. Our Practice Manager has been with the practice since it opened in 2009 and is supported by an Operations’ Manager and an excellent back office administrative team. We have embraced workflow optimisation and reception navigation models to support patient flow and to help lighten the GP workload.
We have received a BMA ‘Best Practice Team’ runner up award and have always received an ‘Outstanding’, for the care of vulnerable people in our CQC inspection reports. We are keen to promote sustainability in healthcare and recently gained the RCGP Green Impact Scheme, Bronze Award.
No matter where you work these days, General Practice is a demanding job, but we are trying our best to enable a sustainable career through having lots of fun in our strong cohesive team and our strong wellbeing team support.
BrisDoc is a proud provider of NHS Healthcare. We have been delivering ‘patient care, by people who care’ for over twenty years.
We run an exciting range of Primary Care Services, including an Urgent Care Service, GP Practices, and the Homeless Health Service. This enables BrisDoc to offer excellent healthcare 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to over one million people across Bristol, North Somerset & South Glos.
We’re a Social Enterprise and an Employee-Owned Business. This means the decisions we make are for the good of our patients, workforce, and wider community. This involves prioritising the health of our patients, protecting our environment, and improving the social and economic status of our population. Our ‘Community Fund’ is a staff lead team who work closely with health-based charitable causes, both local and international, to invest time and money in improving the lives of people in disadvantaged communities.
By joining BrisDoc, you will be part of an innovative organisation that prides ourselves on being a fantastic place to work; somewhere that you will feel valued, supported, developed and part of a family. We strive to make sure every member of the team feels proud of the work they do and the service that we offer.
- Practice Leadership – to provide professional strategic leadership that supports the development and operational delivery of our high standards of care
- Clinical Governance – in collaboration with the BrisDoc Governance Board ensure ongoing standards of best practice, including adherence to clinical audit programmes and participation in the management of clinical complaints/incidents
- Quality Standards and QOF - Leading the clinical team and support the Practice Manager to ensureQOF, Network DES, local and national enhanced services and other ICB / PCN / NHS / targets are met.
- Clinical Duties - range of general practice consultations (telephone, face to face, urgent and nonurgent appointments, home visits) alongside participation in on-call and EA rota.
- Development of future clinical roles – development of the clinical skills mix in the service as part of the strategic workforce planning
- Teaching and Training – assisting the practice in maintaining GP training status, including involvement in teaching / mentoring.
- Primary Care Development – participate in BrisDoc discussions, plans, future bids and strategic developments in Primary Care
For the full job description / person specification please see attached below:
You can read the full list of general duties and expectations by clicking the Apply button.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert