Family Practitioner/General Practitioner
- North Peace Division of Family Practice
- Fort St. John, British Columbia (CA) is the largest city in Northeastern BC
- Remuneration FFS or alternate payment schedules. Anticipated gross income $300,000 - $350,000
- Closing date
- 11 Mar 2023
- General Practice, International
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The North Peace Division of Family Practice is seeking a Full Scope Family Doctor to join any 1 of 3 well established clinics in Fort St. John, BC.
Job description and summary: The North Peace Division of Family Practice is seeking a Family Doctor with full-scope skills/experience to join physicians at any one of three well – established clinics. With access to a newly built hospital, this is a particularly exciting opportunity for a Family Practitioner with advanced skills in FP anaesthesia, ER, OR assist, or obstetrics.
There is ample opportunity for teaching as we have an excellent residency program through UBC and are actively involved with community partners and Northern Health’s multi-disciplinary teams.
ABOUT OUR CLINICS: We have three youthful, vibrant clinics with 6 - 8 physicians. Each clinic is well-established, modern, and fully furnished utilizing the same EMR system (MOIS). Each physician has their own workspace and individual exam room with access to multi-disciplinary teams.
Benefits and Incentives include:
- Vacation Leave is 8 weeks per year for Full-Time Associates
- May be eligible for additional remuneration in accordance with the Rural Subsidiary Agreement (RSA) including: **RSA funding is subject to change without notice
- 21.35% Retention Premium
- $24,577 Retention Flat Fee
- Relocation Funding Available: $9,000 - $15,000 (TBD)
- Recruitment Incentive: $20,000
Compensation Type: Fee for Service options or an Innovative Blended Funding Model based on panel size, complexity rating and QI indicators. Income from other sources, i.e., Maternity, Emergency Room, Operating Room. REEF (Rural Emergency Enhancement Funding) and MOCAP (Medical On Call Availability Program) are available on top of MSP billings. Rural Education Action Plan (REAP) available. Rural Continuing Medical Education (RCME) available. Relocation funding available: $15,000 if relocating from outside of Canada; $12,000 if relocating within Canada but outside of BC; $9,000 if relocating within BC.
Fort St. John has a newly built hospital, in-town specialists including general surgery, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, pediatrics as well as a visiting specialist clinic including, ophthalmology, and orthopedics,
Fort St John Hospital and Peace Villa opened in 2012; the facility has 55 acute care beds, 123 residential care beds and the ER handles over 25,000 visits per year. The hospital includes:
- Endoscopy suite
- 3 state of the art operating rooms plus procedure room
- Ambulatory clinics including cancer clinics and hemodialysis
- Medical and surgical inpatient rooms
- Prenatal Clinic and Birthing Centre
Fort St. John Health Unit
- Public Health
- Home care nursing
- Home support
- Community rehabilitation
- Social workers services
- Environmental Health
- Dental Health
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert