Consultant in Neurology
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
- £88,364 to £119,133 a year Per annum
- Closing date
- 11 Feb 2023
- Hospital, Neurology
- Career Level
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This is a full-time 10PA substantive consultant neurology post based at Wexham Park Hospital (part of Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust) and the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery (part of University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust).
The consultant will have the opportunity to be on-call approximately one in 20 for neurology at NHNN (This is paid as an intensity supplement)
A general neurology clinic template is NEW 40 minutes, FUP 20 minutes
Main duties of the job
The postholder will have continuing responsibility for the care of patients in his/her charge and for the proper functioning of the department with inpatient and outpatient commitments. They will undertake a share of the administrative duties associated with the care patients, the running of the neurology department and the directorate.
An interest in Parkinson's, Epilepsy and Neuromuscular services would be desirable but not essential, as candidates with interests that complement the current four neurologists will be considered.
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital services for around 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
We brought together Heatherwood and Wexham Park Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust to create Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust on 1 October 2014.
Our three core values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other, Committed to Excellence, Working Together and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical and nursing personnel working alongside the hospital's NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialties
This appointment will provide 8 sessions at Wexham Park Hospital and 2 at NHNN (National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery).
Further details listed in the attached job description.
Skills, mental abilities, special aptitudes
- Able to evaluate own clinical practice
- Able to demonstrate innovative thinking
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organise and develop service provision
- Computer literate - confident in using MS Office, Email and Internet
Knowledge/ Qualifications/ Special Training
- MRCP or equivalent
- CCST in neurology or within 6 months of CCST with satisfactory PYA from Deanery.
- Full GMC registration and a license to practice
- Higher degree eg MD PhD
- Wide clinical experience of general management principles in adult neurology
- Previous experience in participating in under graduate and post graduate teaching
- Understand principles and participated in audit activity
- Understand the principles of Clinical Governance and demonstrate experience of evidence based practice
- Interest in developing headache and acute neurology or epilepsy services
- To have completed a Training and Trainers course
- Previous participation in MRCP & student teaching
- Ability to be proactive
- Demonstrate being an effective team member
- Able to demonstrate leadership qualities
BMJ Ref: BMJ-109510/151-RC001
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert