Consultant Psychiatrist (Neurodiversity) - Remote / London
- Onebright Ltd
- Remote and London (Harley Street)
- Closing date
- 4 Mar 2023
- Hospital, Psychiatry
- Career Level
- Contract Type
- Part Time
Consultant Psychiatrist (Neurodiversity)
Onebright Psychiatric Services (part time)
We are excited to be recruiting a passionate and person-centred adult psychiatrist, with extensive experience in neurodiversity, as part of our new Onebright neurodevelopmental services. The post is part-time (initially 0.2FTE) with the potential to increase as our current contracts grow.
You will work flexibly, across our remote platforms and in-person at our Harley Street clinic in London, with our practice manager and associate clinicians, to provide gold standard neurodevelopmental assessments and tailored treatment packages to meet individuals’ needs.
Referrals are screened and triaged by our experienced team, allowing our psychiatrists to maximise time with the patient and ensure our pathways run smoothly with a focus on safe and quality care.
As a new and evolving service, there are fantastic opportunities to shape, develop and expand our existing pathways, as well as our clinical governance framework and the development of the team. We are a values-led organisation and believe that integrity, compassion, and curiosity lay the foundations for providing outstanding care and a committed and supportive team.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail please contact Dan Kentley, Practice Manager at email@example.com or 01904 697747 or click the Apply button to Apply.
Main duties of the job
You will undertake assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of neurodevelopmental conditions within the agreed pathways and frameworks set out by Onebright Psychiatric Services. There may also be opportunities to assess and treat general psychiatric conditions.
You will lead the management of cases, ensuring care plans and treatment formulations are in line with NICE guidelines and best practice, with a focus on patient safety and collaborative risk assessment and management. This will include liaison and collaboration with other agencies, and ensuring all clinical activity is recorded accurately and comprehensively.
You will contribute to and participate in the service clinical governance framework, ensuring the service is continually improving and meeting clients’ needs. There may also be opportunities to contribute to learning within the wider organisation, for example contributing to lectures, seminars, and in-house training.
You will be responsible for your own appraisal and continued GMC registration.
Onebright is one of the UK’s leading mental health providers with a fantastic reputation for quality care and excellent clinical governance. We are innovative and client-centred in our approach; harnessing technology and the latest evidence bases to provide outstanding care. The post will provide real opportunities to further develop the service and you will form a key part of our governance framework.
Onebright Psychiatric Services is part of the wider Onebright group, giving unparalleled access to a multitude of disciplines and clinical expertise. With 3000+ therapists on our network we ensure that clients treatment needs are met quickly and effectively to consistently high standards.
Having already secured several contracts for assessment and treatment of neurodiverse conditions, we are excited to be expanding our existing offer. If you would like to work in a stimulating, high quality and clinically led service we want to hear from you.
- Full and specialist registration (and a license to practice) with the General Medical Council (GMC)
- MRCPsych or MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Experience of diagnosis and management of autism, ADHD and Tourette’s in adults
- Experience of independent patient consultation, working autonomously
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of neurodevelopmental and general psychiatric conditions
- Ability to develop positive professional relationships with colleagues and patients, confirmed by their positive feedback
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Confident and competent in use of IT systems to deliver remote consultations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert