We are seeking to appoint a Cardiology Registrar. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working as part of a dynamic cardiology team across secondary and tertiary care. The Lancashire Cardiac Centre continues to expand with a large team of Consultants and Junior Doctors working together across sub specialities.
A provider of Tertiary Cardiac Services for the 1.6 million population of Lancashire and South Cumbria, in a newly commissioned 52 million Lancashire Cardiothoracic Hospital the Trust Executive Team and Divisional Cardiac Board are committed to expanding Cardiac Services and this appointment is seen as an integral step in this expansion.
The Cardiac Division provide a full range of Invasive and Non-Invasive Diagnostic, and Interventional Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgical Services, through four Catheter Laboratories and four cardiothoracic theatres with potential to expand.
The post holder will be expected to be part of the on-call rota
Main duties of the job
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of in-patient care for the patients of all Consultants as required.
- To provide on- call at middle grade level on a full shift rota.
- Proficient in echocardiology
- Support for diagnostic and therapeutic interventions in the Catheter Lab.
- Supervision of specific exercise test sessions if required.
- Attendance at Cardiology Clinics at the Lancashire Cardiac Centre at Victoria Hospital Blackpool. Assist in chest pain clinics
- Dictation of discharge and clinic letters as required.
- Occasional teaching of Nursing Staff and Junior Doctors and Medical Students
The Cardiac Unit comprises of the Cardiothoracic Unit and the Cardiology Directorate. The Division is housed in a 50 million purpose built hospital comprising of 4 catheter laboratories, 4 Cardiac and Thoracic Theatres, with potential to expand to 5, dedicated outpatient and non-invasive Cardiac Physiology investigation unit, 20 day case bed, 20 cardiac intensive care beds and 89 ward beds.
The Cardiology Directorate includes 2 wards - 37 and 39 for Cardiology patients and 4 Catheter Laboratories with day case facilities.
Please ensure you read the Job description and Person Specification attached to the advert in full before applying.
- Primary medical qualification
- Full GMC Registration
- Minimum of 2 years experience at SHO/middle grade level in Cardiology
- Evidence of working effectively as a part of a multidisciplinary team
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
- A caring attitude to patients and ability to display empathy
- Good organisational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to undertake on-call/shift working
- Experience of undergraduate teaching
- Arterial blood gas sampling
- Experience in angiography/pacing
BMJ Ref: BMJ-108645/382-DOC112-22-B