It is an exciting time for the growing Workplace Health and Wellbeing team in Norwich - will you join our team?
In the last 12 months we have successfully won significant new contracts as well as continuing to offer innovative occupational health and wellbeing support to our own trust. We are to appoint a dynamic and motivated part-time Consultant in Occupational Medicine to join our current team of Occupational Health Physicians in supporting our lead consultant.
As an NHS employer this post brings the NHS Pension, dedicated support of appraisal and CPD activity as well as a healthy annual leave allowance.
This is a part-time post for 4PA's per week.
For this position, we are pleased to be able to offer a 3,000 pro-rata Welcome Bonus to successful candidates along with a relocation package up to 8,000 *Terms and conditions apply to bothMain duties of the job
This role involves medical provision of a comprehensive range of OH activities.
The successful applicant will undertake and support colleagues, managers and the organisation in various areas of OH practice including:
- Management referrals
- Fitness for work medicals
- Post exposure advice and prophylaxis for high-risk blood exposure incidents
- Communicable disease management and prescribing of prophylaxis if required post contact.
- Case conferences and case discussions
- Multidisciplinary team meetings (MDTs)
- Workplace assessments
- Attendance management
- Pre-placement health screening
- Health surveillance (including Appointed Doctor medical surveillance)
- Capability assessments
- Early retirement on the grounds of ill health
- Ensuring compliance with legislative requirements
- Medical input into accident/incident investigation
- Policy development and review (at a local, regional and national level)
- Attendance at relevant meetings of groups and committee
You would be joining a flexible, dynamic and motivated multidisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, technicians and wellbeing advisers supported by experienced commercial and administrative teams. We strongly encourage research and education and have participated in national research studies and pilot initiatives within NHS occupational health, helping drive the quality improvement agenda nationally. Norwich is 'a fine city' with a top 10 UK university, on the edge of the Broadland National Park and with easy access to beautiful beaches and countryside.
The Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (NNUH) is one of the largest teaching Trusts in England. This 1,000 bed teaching hospital opened in 2001 with state-of-the-art facilities. The trust will be commemorating 250years of a hospital in Norwich in 2021. The Workplace health and wellbeing team are based in a central modern Norwich city location and have adapted agile working over the last 18 months which supports a flexible approach to work and home balance. For more details about the trust see our websitehttp://www.nnuh.nhs.ukJob description Job responsibilities
Please see the Job Description for the full details of the post along with the Person Specification. GMC registration is essential.
The post holder will be officially based at Workplace Health & Wellbeing (WHWB), Rouen Road Norwich. Attendance at other clinic sites and visiting client organisations premises will be required according to compliance with external contracts for provision of occupational health services. However, the team have embraced agile working with technology developments in the last 18 months and therefore some clinics can be undertaken virtually.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Full GMC Registration
- Entry on the GMC Specialist Register Via; o An appropriate higher specialist Occupational medicine qualification (M/FFOM or equivalent). o CCT (Proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of the interview) o CESR or o European Community Rights
- Other Occupational Medicine qualification e.g.: HAVS certificate
- HSE appointed doctor registration.
- Good communicator.
- Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Responsive to change and innovation, promoting a culture for organisational development.
- Ability to work collaboratively, build rapport and motivate and influence
- Enthusiasm for service development and teaching.
- Effective time management - ability to organise and prioritise effectively
- Previous responsibility for service improvement.
- Management skills
- Comprehensive clinical experience in Occupational medicine
- Ability and clinical skills to offer expert OH opinion and take full and independent responsibility for cases.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge and experience of Clinical Governance and related activities including participation in clinical audit.
- Evidence of CPD and participation in an approved appraisal / revalidation scheme
- Knowledge of service provision at local level
- Awareness of the principles of core practices involved in service management, project management and effective meetings.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance processes e.g. SEQOHS
- Applicants who are Nationals from another European country or elsewhere overseas would have to show equivalence to the 5 years training period in the National Health Service required for the specialty.
- Training and expertise in children's safeguarding
- Experience of both NHS and commercial OH practice
- Experience of clinical leadership in an OH service
- Experience of other commercial OH activities including tendering processes
- Experience of innovative approaches to service delivery and clinical processes
- Direct experience / personal involvement in SEQOHS accreditation.
- Commitment to develop an appropriate special interest within the specialty.
Communications and Language Skills Essential
- Flexible outlook on working hours.
- Able to work flexibly in response to the changing needs of the service.
- Agile working will be available.
- Full Driving License.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clinical colleagues, colleagues in supporting departments, external customers and support staff
- Ability to present effectively to an audience, using a variety of methods, and to respond to questions and queries
- Good presentation skills.