Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board are expanding their radiologist complement in the areas of women's imaging, GI with non-vascular intervention and musculoskeletal imaging.
The health board area affords an enviable quality of life with close links to the vibrant capital city of Cardiff and surrounding beautiful Welsh coast and countryside. The supportive team will welcome a newly qualified consultant, or an established colleague ready for a new adventure.
CTM currently has a team of 31 radiologists, as well as 8 reporting radiographers who report musculoskeletal and chest x-rays, as well as CT colon and CT head. We also have consultant breast radiographers working within the HB and have embraced role expansion at an early stage.
Main duties of the job
THIS POST IS FIXED TERM FOR UPTO 6 MONTHS DUE TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE
Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB provides comprehensive Radiology services to the local population. The successful candidate will be expected to provide all aspects of Core Radiology with subspecialist interest in cross sectional imaging. Regular attendance and contribution to the Multidisciplinary meetings is expected. The successful applicant is expected to take an active role in education within the Health Board. This is a new post.
English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer; around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
You will be able to find a full Job Description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents.
Qualifications & Eligibility
- Full GMC Registration with a license to practice
- MBBCh/ MBBS/ relevant medical or dental degree
- FRCR or equivalent
- Additional degree, diploma or post-graduate qualification relevant to radiology
Knowledge & Experience
- Broad experience in Radiology with ability to undertake duties at Consultant level
- Good clinical knowledge, acumen and judgement
- Understands the principals of audit and clinical governance
- Understands the importance of patient safety and risk
- Completed relevant specialist skills courses
Skills & Abilities
- Able to work within multidisciplinary teams
- Able to communicate well with team members, patients and their families
- Able to work under pressure
BMJ Ref: BMJ-102596/110-MD881-1222