Applications are invited for enthusiastic, dedicated colleagues to join the current team, who have a passion for service improvement and would like to be part of our journey. We provide a comprehensive range of services at ULHT including Fibroscan, Manometry and Hepatology.
This is a whole time (10 programmed activities and on-call) appointment as a Consultant Gastroenterologist for the United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust, based at Grantham and District hospital. .
Any applicant who is unable for personal reasons to work full time will be eligible to be considered for the post. If such a person is appointed, modification of the job content will be discussed on a personal basis with the trust in consultation with consultant colleagues.
Main duties of the job
This is a Consultant post and we are keen to have applicants who wish to develop a sub-specialty interest to enhance our current range of services, especially ERCP and/or EUS. The clinical responsibility of the post includes ward rounds, outpatient clinics and endoscopy lists on our main sites along with clinics at peripheral sites and regular departmental meetings. The post holder will be based on 1 site and travel to other Trust hospital. Office space and secretarial support will be available. The post holder will support the delivery of daily senior review for in-patients on the wards when 'on the wards', leading the junior team and working closely with the nursing teams to provide high quality care. We also have a developing Gastroenterology nursing team, offering services and expertise in Hepatology and IBD. We also have Clinical Nurse Specialists supporting Upper GI Cancer services.
The United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust (ULHT) is one of the largest trusts in the country. Through four main hospitals and four additional hospitals where we provide some services, we provide a comprehensive range of hospital-based medical, surgical, paediatric, obstetric and gynaecological services to the 700,000 people of Lincolnshire.We provide a wide range of healthcare services delivered by 7,800 highly trained staff and volunteers. Our services cost over 400m each year to provide and we invest around 18m each year in improving our clinical services by replacing and upgrading our medical equipment, modernising our estate and facilities and improving our information and technology infrastructure. In an average year, we treat more than 180,000 A&E patients, nearly half a million outpatients and almost 100,000 inpatients.
For further details regarding the job role please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- An appropriate higher degree e.g. an MD, PhD or equivalent
- Current valid GMC registration
- Hepatology training Nutrition experience G(I)M certification
- CCT Gastroenterology or equivalent (or within 6 months of eligibility for specialist register)
- Entry on the General Medical Council (GMC) Specialist Register via CCT/CESR/European Community Rights
- Wide experience of diagnostic and basic therapeutic upper and lower techniques
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
- Advanced intervention or ERCP / EUS / Capsule endoscopy experience
- Evidence of understanding of the role of clinical management
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively
- Ability to plan strategically and to exercise sound judgment when faced with conflicting pressures
- Ability to motivate and develop the multi-disciplinary team, balancing departmental and personal objectives