An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Obstetric and Gynaecology Team at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, which is one of the largest providers of healthcare in the area offering new 'state of the art' facilities and has a complement of over 1100 beds for a local population of 450,000 and a regional population of 1.5 million.
One full-time locum post has resulted from maternity leave, the other post is new.
Recognised for strengths in education, research, and a tertiary centre for gynae-oncology; the Obstetrics and Gynaecology specialties would welcome enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues with a desire to deliver outstanding healthcare to women in central Lancashire. You would join a 1:12 on-call rota in a non-resident capacity.
Main duties of the job
The maternity service has Beacon status and offers all four choices of birth place. The Trust is nationally recognised for its leadership development scheme for new consultants. Preston (the North West's best city to live and work in) has good rail and road links, excellent schools and is surrounded by areas of outstanding natural beauty.
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trusts is one of the major acute Trusts in the North West with all of the usual specialities on site as well as being a Tertiary Centre for Lancashire and South Cumbria in the departments of Respiratory medicine, Neurosciences, Oncology, Plastic Surgery, Burns, Renal Medicine, Vascular surgery and Trauma medicine. Undergraduate medical education forms a core part of the Trust's educational roles, which the appointee will be expected to be involved in.
Our team is our work family. At Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, you will be working as part of a collaborative, friendly and caring team of incredible people who are committed to providing excellent care with compassion. We celebrate diversity, encourage everyone to contribute, and you are valued for who you are.
Our mission is to provide excellent care with compassion.
Please refer to the attached Job description, Person specification and Specialty/ Trust Brochure for further details on:
- What we can offer
- Job Plan/On-call Requirements
- The Team
- Full GMC Registration and Licence to Practice
- MBBS or equivalent
- Grid Trainee in Neonatal Medicine/NTN
Experience & Skills
- 2 years experience in a Tertiary Neonatal Unit as a higher Specialist Trainee in UK or equivalent
- Trained Clinical Supervisor
- NLS Provider in date
- Additional experience or skills relevant to neonatal medicine such as cardiology, neurodevelopment etc
- Trained Educational Supervisor
- Additional qualifications in medical education
- Evidence of Clinical Leadership
- Evidence of Commitment to audit and improving clinical practice/service development
- Attendance at formal management course
- Evidence of having managed change to service or workplace
Research & Development
- Evidence of interest in personal development e.g. through research and/or publications
- Publications in peer reviewed journals
- Higher degree such as MD/MSc
BMJ Ref: BMJ-102464/438-C9438-22-6111