Medicine Care Group
Main duties of the job
We are looking to recruit a Specialty Doctors to start as soon as possible. The post holder will provide general Haematology Service. We would be able to support a candidate working towards their CESR qualification.
We operate from three main hospitals - Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well as a number of community health care premises including Millom Hospital and GP Practice, Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe, and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
FGH and the RLI have a range of General Hospital services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and various Consultant-led services.
WGH provides a range of General Hospital services, together with an Urgent Treatment Centre, that can help with a range of non-life threatening conditions such as broken bones and minor illnesses.
All three main hospitals provide a range of planned care including outpatients, diagnostics, therapies, day case and inpatient surgery. In addition, a range of local outreach services and diagnostics are provided from community facilities across Morecambe Bay.
Our community services for adults are provided in people's homes, community centres, clinics, GP Practices, community hospitals and our main hospitals. Our aim is to work with people to help them remain independent, improve their health and manage their conditions through high quality care, advice and support.
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay visiting our websitehttps://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/
Education and Qualifications
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council
- Speciality interest and expertise to complement colleagues
- Minimum 12 months experience in Haematology
- Minimum four years post qualification general medical experience
- Evidence of organisational management skills
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
Skill, ability & knowledge
- Ability to supervise junior doctors
- Regular attendance and participation at audit meeting
- Awareness of the role and expectations for a middle grade doctor within the NHS
- Evidence of recent independent or supervised research with relevant publications
BMJ Ref: BMJ-102178/331-B3370322-C