The James Paget University Hospital (JPUH) NHS Foundation Trust is seeking toappoint an enthusiastic Consultant colleague in Neurology. The successful applicant will have the responsibility of providing a comprehensive Neurology service to include inpatient wards, outpatient clinics in conjunction with the four consultants already in post including two Neurology Specialist Nurses with 1 Neurophysiologists. This is an exciting time to join our Neurology team with 8 dedicated inpatient beds with continued desire to improve and develop our Neurology services.Main duties of the job
- Share with consultant colleagues the Neurology workload.
- Provide with the other Consultants a system of mutual cover for Neurology and cover for annual, study and professional leave.
- Liaise with medical staff in other specialities and participate in the regular clinical meetings and other post-graduate activities of the hospital.
- Maintain and develop team working practices involving other medical staff, nursing staff and allied health professionals.
Please see attached job description for full dutiesAbout us
The Hospital is based in the coastal town of Gorleston between the resorts of Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft. Other coastal resorts such as Southwold, Caister and Hemsby also lie within the Trust's catchment area along with several broadland villages/towns such as Beccles, Acle and Oulton Broad. The historic city of Norwich is a short journey away. The North Norfolk coast and Southern Suffolk coast are also within easy reach.
We aim to interview for this post on 1st March 2023Job description Job responsibilities
The appointee will be expected to provide specialist neurology service at the JPUH. The service in the JPUH will include in-patient consultations for non-specialist colleagues and the successful candidates will also provide an outpatient referral service to general practitioners, chiefly from Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft and South Waveney.
It is expected that the appointees will work closely with colleagues across the local and extended network including those at Addenbrookes Hospital.Person Specification Education and Qualifications Essential
Desirable Experience and Knowledge Essential
- MBBS or Basic Medical Degree
- MRCP of equivalent
- Accreditation in Neurology and on specialist register at or within 6 months of the AAC
- Full GMC registration
Academic Achievements Essential
- Ability to provide expert clinical opinion across a wide range of problems within Neurology.
- Ability to use research outcomes in clinical practice.
- Experience of conducting clinical audit.
- Experience of using evidence base to support decision making.
- Ability to use research outcomes in clinical practice
- Knowledge of using evidence base medicine to support decision making
- Experience of conducting clinical audit
Key Skills Essential
- Involvement in research projects and published papers
- Capable of organising and prioritising work effectively
- Leadership qualities
- Experience in teaching junior medical staff
- Experience of teaching medical students
- Formal training in teaching skills
- Awareness and respect for colleagues, patients and relatives' dignity, privacy, integrity, cultural and religious beliefs
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Ability to plan and develop the neurology service at JPUH