Clinical Chair – West Midlands - £135,000 neg, Full Time
This is a newly created, strategic appointment with an excellent opportunity to provide levels of care that will really make a difference, by leading a talented, caring, and compassionate team who truly put the patients at the forefront of everything they do.
We are looking for an innovative, dynamic Clinical Chair, who is forward thinking, has a passion for driving forward leadership and empowering their teams to deliver quality, viable and safe services.
The Clinical Chair will ensure high quality clinical care is delivered across all our Urgent Care services. Working closely with the Director of Operations, Service Managers and Clinical leadership teams, you will drive ongoing development and improvement of our delivery, working innovatively to improve patient safety and satisfaction measures through engaged leadership. You will build strong working relationships with commissioners and local stakeholders to lead the way in future development plans for integration and joint working across the services.
You will form an integral part of the team, supporting clinical colleagues in their roles, offering guidance and direction to drive engagement, shared learning and best practice across the region. You will be expected to provide evidence based clinical care to all patients who attend the service and undertake duties consistent with it, including but not limited to:
- Face to face consultations
- Provide advice to other clinical colleagues
- Support the services in achieving Key Performance Indicators in line with national standards
- Clinical Governance and auditing
- Support and work with the lead GP and Lead Nurse
- Attend regular and ad-hoc meetings with commissioners and stakeholders
- Support with the investigation and response to complaints and incidents
- Promote innovation to make a difference to the service and to patient experience
Education and Qualification
- Fully qualified GP with GMC registration on the performers list
- Annual appraisal and revalidation
- General practice (Vocational Training Scheme) with MRCGP examination or equivalent
- On the relevant medical performers list (with no conditions preventing working or restrictions on practice)
- Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check
- UK driving licence
- UK work permit (if required)
- Current level 3 safeguard for adult and Children
- Full professional indemnity
- Excellent clinical skills in assessment, diagnosis and management of acute Primary care presentations
- Up to date BLS/CPR certificate
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Experience of working in primary care and urgent care environment
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Clear understanding of professional responsibility and accountability.
- Organised and efficient in record keeping and completion of paperwork
- Time management – being able to prioritise work and work under pressure
- Computer literate (Microsoft office) and can work with or rapidly adopt skills n New Clinical IT systems
- Experience of managing a team of clinicians
- Experience of working a variety of clinical software systems
- Adaptability to change
- Service Development
- Understanding of the political agenda and drivers influencing primary care provision.
- Demonstrates effective partnership working with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of increasing staff engagement and motivation to improve performance
- Robust and persistent in the pursuit of objectives and maintaining personal credibility
- Sound understanding of the principles of Quality Improvement and its application.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering evidenced based practice and utilising research in practice
- Detailed understanding of the principles of clinical governance, including investigation of incidents and complaints and the ability to extract and action quality improvements arising from them.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and delivering effective clinical audit.
- Evidence of holding to a clear strategy and set of values while responding.
As a senior leader, you will be expected to harness a working environment which encourages team work, efficiency and creativity. Your strong leadership, excellent problem-solving skills and communication skills will enable you to deliver this.
Malling Health fosters a collaborative team ethic, and we support our leadership team to deliver their goals, ensuring we are part of the future for the NHS.
Malling Health UK are a network of over 25 primary care sites across the UK, including GP practices, Walk-In centres and Urgent Care Centres offering APMS contracts. Our practices provide traditional GP and nurse-led services for both registered and non-registered patients. Our philosophy is to provide a friendly, supportive place to work and to encourage innovation with the aim of delivering high quality care to our patients.
Email Sally on careers@mallinghealth by clicking the apply button for further details' and add that email address behind the apply button.