Senior Fellow Job Grade:
Medicine Salary Band:
MT04/MT05Main duties of the job
Working within a team of Gastroenterologist and junior doctors in training, the post holder will be part of a team that provides inpatient and outpatient care within Gastroenterology. You will have the opportunity to attend dedicated training endoscopy lists and develop an interest in endoscopy, MDTS in upper and lower GI cancer, IBD, hepatology and nutrition as well as specialist clinics.
You will be expected to initiate and provide sound clinical/medical practices to patients admitted to the Medicine division, whilst supporting patients' family and friends demonstrating the patient is the central focus of care. The post involves participation in the on-call rota.
The post holder will be predominately based at Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester but should also be prepared to work at any HHFT site if required.About us
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the major provider of hospital services to the population of North and mid Hampshire and surrounding areas. The hospitals in Basingstoke and Winchester provide a comprehensive range of acute services as well as being a tertiary referral centre for colorectal, liver, peritoneal carcinomatosis, haemophilia and pseudomyxoma surgery.
Services are provided across Basingstoke, Winchester and Andover sites.
The Trust covers a population of 600,000 incorporating Basingstoke & North Hampshire Hospitals (BNHH), Royal Hampshire County Hospital (RHCH) in Winchester, Andover War Memorial Hospital (AWMH) and community hospitals. We provide one hospital service across multiple localities, delivering services as close as possible to the patient. BNHH and RHCH are 23 miles apart, situated in the middle of the M3 corridor, with excellent transport links to London and the south coast.Job description Job responsibilities
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Clerk and post take administration; writing in patients notes
- Undertake patient reviews
- Investigating and initiating medical management
- Patient assessment
- Discharge administration
- Promptly update patient systems
- Attend clinics
- Develop endoscopic skills
- Attend Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) meetings in Upper and lower GI disease, Hepatobiliary, IBD, Liver and clinical nutrition.
- Facilitate daily board round with MDT
- Trouble shoot patients on the ward
- Provide supervision and management to junior doctors
- Take part in the medical on-call shift system
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC registration
- Basic Life Support
- MRCP part 1 and 2
- Management of medical admissions at ST3+ level
- Evidence of continuing professional updating
- Awards/distinctions whilst study for 1st or 2nd Degree
- Advanced Life Support
- Prior experience of working within NHS in the last 6 months.
- Clinical knowledge and expertise; appropriate knowledge and ability to apply sound clinical judgements to problems
- Research skills: demonstrates understanding of the importance of audit and research
Skills & Ability Essential
- Experience of teaching medical students
- Appropriate speciality experience
- Evidence of relevant academic and research achievements e.g. prizes, awards, distinctions, presentations, publications, other achievements
- Ability to organise and prioritise busy workloads effective and work under pressure
- Evidence of safe sound practical procedures
- Proficient and efficient handling of medical problems
- Understanding the importance of multi- disciplinary approaches to patient care
- Ability to work effectively on an on-call rota shift system
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team
Other Specific Requirements Essential
- Highly motivated approach
- Positivity, Inquisitive, Tenacious, oExcellent time keeping and reliability