Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) are looking to appoint two dynamic and enthusiastic Diabetes and Endocrinology Consultants to join the multidisciplinary team at Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor and the local Community in the West Area of North Wales. This recruitment is both for replacement and expansion of the department and we are looking for proactive, motivated and forward thinking individuals to support in the provision of a high standard service and its future development. This role comprises of 10 programmed activities (PAs) consisting of outpatient and inpatient duties, the role is primarily based at our Acute Hospital Site with some sessions being carried out within the Peripheral Hospital Sites.
Main duties of the job
This post holder will undertake Outpatient Clinics, Inpatient Ward Rounds and diagnostic tests to provide high quality patient centred care. There is opportunity to focus on specialised areas of the speciality e.g. diabetic foot and insulin pump service and there is opportunity to join the GIM on-call rota. The post holder will support in the development of the Diabetes and Endocrinology services as appropriate to the need of the population in partnership with other Consultants and the wider MDT team with support from the Clinical Director and Operational Management Team.
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
- GMC Full Registration
- Full MRCP
- Be on or eligible for GMC Specialist Register with CCST/CCT in Diabetes and Endocrinology within 6 months of interview date
- Higher Post Graduate Certificate
- At least 4 years supervised training in an appropriate Diabetes and Endocrine SpR equivalent training programme
- General experience in General Internal Medicine, sufficient to take a full part in the On-call rota for unselected acute medical admissions.
- Familiarity with NHS
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
- Additional specialist clinical experience e.g. Diabetic foot, insulin pump.
Management and Administrative Experience
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues in an MDT setting
- Ability and willingness to work within the Organisation's performance framework and targets
- Ability to apply research outcomes to clinical problems
- Experience of audit
- Ability to perform workplace based assessments
- Active commitment to teaching
- Evidence of audit participation and design
- Evidence of ability to work in a team and alone
- Adaptability to changing service needs
- Ability to work in under-pressure and deal with stressful situations.
- Reliable, self-motivated and punctual.
- Good communicator
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach
- Professional manner
- Welsh speaker or willingness to acquire a basic knowledge of the language
BMJ Ref: BMJ-100447/050-CON-END&DIA-1122W