Clinical Director (Palliative Care)
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
$188,800 to $239,377 p.a.
About your opportunity
Fixed term temporary full-time for three (3) years, 80 hours per fortnight.
Provide high quality clinical and non-clinical services to benefit the patients / clients of the THHS. This includes research as well as teaching the health professionals of the future.
Lead and manage the provision of Palliative Care Services in accordance with the standards, the ethics of the profession and in accordance with the THHS and (QH) policies, in a hospital, community and outreach setting.
Generous remuneration package value up to $486,763 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $188,800 to $239,377 p.a. (L18-L27)
- 4 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
- $25,500 p.a. motor vehicle allowance.
- 50% base annual salary attraction and retention allowance.
- $13,800 p.a. inaccessibility allowance.
- $21,500 p.a. allowance and 3.6 weeks professional development leave.
- Plus Clinical Managers Allowance of up to $289.60 per fortnight (CM1).
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- Qualified as a medical practitioner, qualifications in speciality areas and current registration and / or eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist in Palliative Medicine.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) with subspecialty training in Palliative medicine, or Fellowship in the Chapter of Palliative Medicine of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FAChPM).
- All applicants must be awarded Scope of Clinical Practice (SoCP) by the THHS Credentialing and SoCP committee. All appointments are subject to maintenance of SoCP within the CSCF for the facilities in which clinical work is to be undertaken.
- A class C motor vehicle licence.
- This position may require the incumbent to work at other facilities within the THHS.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an active and outdoor lifestyle, where the sun shines for over 320 days of the year.
Enjoy the benefits of urban living without the nightmare of metropolitan traffic.
Appreciate the change of pace as you immerse yourself in a tropical North Queensland lifestyle.
Contact: Andrew Birchley 00 61 7 4433 7725
Apply online by clicking the Apply button
Closing day: 18/12/2022