A plastic surgeon is a surgeon sub-specialist providing attending and consulting surgical services to patients of all ages in Plastic surgery. Provides pre-operative care, including diagnosis, operative care of all major and minor procedures in the field of plastic surgery and post-operative care He maintains efficient and effective care of patients as part of an integrated program of curative and preventive medical services.
The work is in Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Surgical Department in Dhahran, Al Hasa, Ras Tanura, and Abqaiq.
The Plastic Surgeon work is responsible for attending ambulatory and hospitalized patients of any age group, including cases of all degrees of complexity, which are within their competence and expertise surgeons work at Dhahran Hospital facility to meet established medical ethical and legal rules in the fields of plastic surgery and by observing practices and procedures as required by Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare. Reports to, and be under the supervision of the Chief of Surgical Services Division.
Plastic surgery provides day to day work including management and evaluation of the quality of patient care within their clinical privileges approved by the Credentials and Privileges Committee. The Chief Surgeon is informed of unusual problems or action taken regarding unusual cases, within their clinical privileges approved by the Credentials and Privileges Committee.
Plastic Surgeon attends ambulatory and hospitalized patients. Provides surgical expertise in the field of plastic surgery. Work hours are assigned to meet operational needs of the assigned area. Direction is through the Division Chief.
Has daily contacts with patients and relatives concerning surgery. Discusses the procedure with the immediate family, including the operative procedure and its complications, if any.
Has frequent contacts with the personnel of the Surgical Services, nurses, and physicians, to exchange information or resolve surgical problems.
Occasional contacts are made with counterparts in the area or within the Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Medical Facility to provide consultation and advice regarding clinical evaluation and follow up of patients with prior approval of the Chief of Surgery.
Ongoing with JHAH managers. Occasional public and community contact through communicating policy changes, revisions, and/or introduction of new work rules.
- Performs the professional duties of a plastic surgeon. Provides expert medical- surgical care for ambulatory and hospitalized patients.
- Makes daily rounds related to assigned patients in the Hospital, performs general and special examinations in the field of plastic and Reconstructive surgery.
- Serves as consultant to other medical services on in- or outpatient cases.
- Adheres to the By-laws and Rules and Regulations of Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare and assures that work performed is in keeping with the established standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor regarding the medical repatriation of patients.
- Participates in and contributes to in-service activities such as lectures, conferences and to keep current on latest techniques, procedures and drug therapy.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities.
- Supervises the work of staff surgeons, assistant surgeons and provides his evaluation to the Chief of the Service.
- Participates in
- Graduation from an approved medical school plus internship, 5 years of residency and a valid license to practice.
- Certification or eligibility by the American Board of Surgery or equivalent.
Should have experience in all phases of plastic and reconstructive surgery at least two years of practice limited to surgery since certification.
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
- Good command of oral and written English.
- Ability to adapt to group practice in an industrial environment involving an understanding of corporate organization.
1. Person-Centered Care
- Communicates treatment plan and expected outcome to patients and family members.
- Involves patient in disease prevention.
- Balances needs and expectations of patients.
- Explains side effects and possible complications, if applicable, to patients and family members.
- Exhibits high quality standards to meet patients and family members’ needs.
- Demonstrates respectful attitude, professionalism, consideration and compassion toward others.
- Presents meaningful and accurate medical records.
- Completes electronic documentation when appropriate.
- Complies with the Records Management policies.
- Provides comprehensive medical summaries upon discharge from the Unit to allow for smooth transition in the continuity of care.
3. Health Care Safety
- Prevents infectious diseases and injuries.
- Understands and follows organizational safety regulations.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Suggests solutions to health, safety and security concerns.
4. Clinical Expertise
- Controls Symptoms Through Pre-Diagnostic Data From Medical Records.
- Advises on complications and contra-indications of medications.
- Develops treatment alternatives based on clinical and supporting data.
- Monitors therapeutic outcomes and appropriately re-evaluates diagnosis or therapy.
- Recognizes common from critical cases for further monitoring.
5. Health Care Reliability
- Ensures that verbal commitments are consistent with actions.
- Schedules time off in advance & ensures work responsibilities are covered.
- Utilizes available resources to achieve results.
- Meets work attendance and time-keeping guidelines.
- Meets responsibilities promptly.
- Enforces cyber security policies, protocols and standards.
- Models and fosters awareness of cybersecurity.
- Reinforces behaviours that create a secure environment.
- Seeks opportunities that reduce the risk of cybersecurity incidents.
- Takes the necessary precautions when receiving suspicious emails.
7. Health Care Quality
- Produces high quality daily reports.
- Maintains and updates medical data and reports in a timely manner.
- Maintains quality standards by routinely checking work requirements.
- Provides patient care assessment of potentially complicated cases.
For further information and to apply please click the Apply button.