Role: Pediatric Metabolic/Genetic Specialist
Provides specialized clinical services to JHAH patients for the diagnosis and management of patients with genetic/metabolic diseases.
The Pediatric Metabolic/Genetic Specialist is a staff member of the Pediatrics Department and provides clinical care and consultative services to inpatient and outpatients with genetic/metabolic disease issues. May provide care for patients above the age of 14 as clinically appropriate and the provider has sufficient expertise by virtue of their medical training or experience. Cover General Pediatric Service as needed. Reports to the Unit Head of Pediatric Specialty, Unit Head and the Chair of Women & Child Health Institute.
Has daily contact with patients, family members, staff, nurses, allied health professionals, administrators and physicians.
- Provides person-centered care and consultations to inpatients and outpatients in the area of expertise
- Provides diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in accordance with the highest standards of care and within the delineation of privileges as recommended by the Chief of the Division, and approved by the JHAH Credentialing and Privileging Committee.
- Completes all medical documentation and reports in a timely and professional manner.
- Develops collegial relationships and works collaboratively other physicians, nurses, allied health providers, and administrators across departments and districts at JHAH. Actively participates as a member of multi-disciplinary teams and is a team player.
- Shares in the on call responsibilities according to operational need. Responds to emergency requests for assistance from the emergency rooms at all JHAH facilities.
- Actively participates in the monthly Unit, Division, Department and Hospital staff, clinical, education and research meetings.
- Contributes to the educational activities of the Division, by attending Grand Rounds, Journal Clubs and fosters the education or professional development of trainees or other health care professionals.
- Participates in interdisciplinary, interdepartmental and performance and quality improvement activities including committee service within JHAH.
- Promptly responds to all JHAH queries regarding medical documentation, coding, patient concerns, or risk management.
- Participates in the development and implementation of administrative policies, medical practice procedures, clinical guidelines, and standard operating procedures.
- Graduation from a recognized medical school.
- Successful completion of pediatric residency in a medical center recognized by Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare.
- Certification by the American Board of Pediatrics or equivalent.
- Eligibility or certification by the American sub-board in Pediatric Genetic/Metabolic from a recognized school.
- Eligibility for a valid license to practice medicine in Saudi Arabia.
Three to five years’ experience in the field of Pediatric Genetic/Metabolic Disease post board.
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
- Excellent command of verbal and written English.
- Ability to adjust to group practice in a medical environment.
- Professional conduct as a medical expert.
- Communicates treatment plan and expected outcome to patients and family members.
- Involves patient in disease prevention.
- Balances needs and expectations of patients.
- Explains side effects and possible complications, if applicable, to patients and family members.
- Exhibits high quality standards to meet patients and family members’ needs.
- Demonstrates respectful attitude, professionalism, consideration and compassion toward others.
- Presents meaningful and accurate medical records.
- Completes electronic documentation when appropriate.
- Complies with the Records Management policies.
- Provides comprehensive medical summaries upon discharge from the Unit to allow for smooth transition in the continuity of care.
Health Care Safety
- Prevents infectious diseases and injuries.
- Understands and follows organizational safety regulations.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Suggests solutions to health, safety and security concerns.
- Controls Symptoms Through Pre-Diagnostic Data From Medical Records.
- Advises on complications and contra-indications of medications.
- Develops treatment alternatives based on clinical and supporting data.
- Monitors therapeutic outcomes and appropriately re-evaluates diagnosis or therapy.
- Recognizes common from critical cases for further monitoring.
Health Care Reliability
- Ensures that verbal commitments are consistent with actions.
- Schedules time off in advance & ensures work responsibilities are covered.
- Utilizes available resources to achieve results.
- Meets work attendance and time-keeping guidelines.
- Meets responsibilities promptly.
- Enforces cyber security policies, protocols and standards.
- Models and fosters awareness of cybersecurity.
- Reinforces behaviors that create a secure environment.
- Seeks opportunities that reduce the risk of cybersecurity incidents.
- Takes the necessary precautions when receiving suspicious emails.
Health Care Quality
- Produces high quality daily reports.
- Maintains and updates medical data and reports in a timely manner.
- Maintains quality standards by routinely checking work requirements.
- Provides patient care assessment of potentially complicated cases.
To apply, please click the apply button.