Provides specialized clinical services to JHAH patients for the diagnosis and management of gynecologic disorders and obstetrics.
The Obstetrics /Gynecology Subspecialist is a staff member of the Mother and Child Health Institute, and provides clinical care and consultative services to inpatient and outpatients with gynecologic disorders or who require obstetrical care. Reports to the Unit Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Chair of the Mother and Child Health Institute.
Has daily contact with patients, family members, staff, nurses, allied health professionals, administrators and physicians.
- Provides person-centered care and consultations to inpatients and outpatients in the area of expertise
- Provides diagnostic (including basic Obstetrics/Gyn Ultrasound) and therapeutic procedures in accordance with the highest standards of care and within the delineation of privileges as recommended by the Chief of the Division/Unit’s Physicians Manger, and approved by the JHAH Credentialing and Privileging Committee.
- Completes all medical documentation and reports in a timely and professional manner.
- Develops collegial relationships and works collaboratively other physicians, nurses, allied health providers, and administrators across departments and districts at JHAH. Actively participates as a member of multi-disciplinary teams and is a team player.
- Shares in the Clinical responsibilities according to operational need including in-house or call-in (include working evenings, nights, weekends and holidays) according to a schedule compiled by the Chief of the Division/Unit’s Physicians Manger or his designee or when an emergency situation arises. Including Covering the Delivery Room to include admitting patients, reviewing their history, planning a course of action, performing both spontaneous and operative deliveries when medically indicated, and interacting with midwives.
- Responds to emergency requests for assistance from colleagues in the Unit/Division, formal and informal consultations from physicians in other Services, from the emergency rooms at all JHAH facilities.
- Actively participates in the monthly Unit, Division, Department and Hospital staff, clinical, education and research meetings.
- Contributes to the educational activities of the Division/Unit, by attending Grand Rounds, Journal Clubs and fosters the education or professional development of trainees or other health care professionals.
- Participates in interdisciplinary, interdepartmental and performance and quality improvement activities including committee service within JHAH.
- Promptly responds to all JHAH queries regarding medical documentation, coding, patient concerns, or risk management.
- Participates in the development and implementation of administrative policies, medical practice procedures, clinical guidelines, and standard operating procedures
- Graduation from an approved medical school MD/M.B.B.Ch.
- One year of internship in a recognized training program.
- Completed residency training in Obstetrics /Gynecology.
- Board Certification by Saudi, American Board, Canadian Royal College of Physicians, or equivalent.
- Certified in the Obstetrics /Gynecology Specialty that satisfy the requirements of the JHAH Credentials & Privileges.
- Fellowship or training that satisfy the requirements of the JHAH Credentials & Privileges, in one of the following Obstetrics /Gynecology Subspecialties:
o Maternal Fetal Medicine
o Gynecological Endocrinology & Infertility
o Gynecological Oncology
o Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
o Other Subspecialty as recognized by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties.
- Three years’ experience post subspecialty and board certification.
- Must hold a valid license to practice medicine.
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
- Excellent command of verbal and written English.
- Ability to adjust to group practice in a medical environment.
- Thorough knowledge of medical ethics, with particular reference to the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of professional work.
- Personality which inspires confidence and trust in patients and colleagues.
- Adherence to By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of the JHAH.
1. Clinical Expertise
- Controls Symptoms Through Pre-Diagnostic Data From Medical Records.
- Advises on complications and contra-indications of medications.
- Develops treatment alternatives based on clinical and supporting data.
- Monitors therapeutic outcomes and appropriately re-evaluates diagnosis or therapy.
- Recognizes common from critical cases for further monitoring.
- Presents meaningful and accurate medical records.
- Completes electronic documentation when appropriate.
- Complies with the Records Management policies.
- Provides comprehensive medical summaries upon discharge from the Unit to allow for smooth transition in the continuity of care.
3. Health Care Quality
- Produces high quality daily reports.
- Maintains and updates medical data and reports in a timely manner.
- Maintains quality standards by routinely checking work requirements.
- Provides patient care assessment of potentially complicated cases.
4. Health Care Reliability
- Ensures that verbal commitments are consistent with actions.
- Schedules time off in advance & ensures work responsibilities are covered.
- Utilizes available resources to achieve results.
- Meets work attendance and time-keeping guidelines.
- Meets responsibilities promptly.
5. Health Care Safety
- Prevents infectious diseases and injuries.
- Understands and follows organizational safety regulations.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Suggests solutions to health, safety and security concerns.
6. Person-Centered Care
- Communicates treatment plan and expected outcome to patients and family members.
- Involves patient in disease prevention.
- Balances needs and expectations of patients.
- Explains side effects and possible complications, if applicable, to patients and family members.
- Exhibits high quality standards to meet patients and family members’ needs.
- Demonstrates respectful attitude, professionalism, consideration and compassion toward others.
- Enforces cyber security policies, protocols and standards.
- Models and fosters awareness of cybersecurity.
- Reinforces behaviors that create a secure environment.
- Seeks opportunities that reduce the risk of cybersecurity incidents.
- Takes the necessary precautions when receiving suspicious emails.
To apply for the above post, please click the Apply button.