London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust - Northwick Park, St. Mark's, Ealing and Central Middlesex Hospital
Senior Clinical Fellow in Cellular Pathology - Full time
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust provides specialist care for one of the largest catchment populations in London. Since our creation in 2014, we have become one of country's largest integrated healthcare Trusts. We are proud to have gained University status in 2017 from the Association of UK University Hospitals in recognition of the important role we also play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public. Comprising Northwick Park, Ealing, Central Middlesex and St Mark's Hospitals, our team of 9,000 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of approximately one million people across Brent, Ealing and Harrow
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Department of Cellular pathology, London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust, which is amongst the best performing Histology services in London. This post is for a fixed term of 12 months and can start as soon as the successful candidate is available.
The development of a specialist interest in any of these sub-specialities of histopathology will be actively encouraged.
Candidates wishing to work part time will also be considered
Main duties of the job
The department of Cellular Pathology at NPH was joined by the St Mark's Academic Unit of Gastrointestinal Pathology in 1995 and by the CMH department in 2002. It occupies levels 4WX and 6X, part of the wing of the campus that houses the endoscopy suite, St Mark's Hospital and the Northwick Park Institute for Medical Research (NPIMR). This wing is also close to the theatre block. It includes the Regional Cytology Training School facilities. Within the department are two interconnecting seminar rooms (seating for up to 60 persons) and an electron microscopy suite. The hot laboratory on the CMH site has facilities for frozen section work, fine needle aspiration and a small reporting office.
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A&E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.
The Department of Cellular Pathology is based on the Northwick Park - St. Mark's campus, adjacent to the St Mark's Hospital wing and also includes a smaller unit at Ealing hospital. This post provides excellent opportunities to gain valuable experience in the following areas of histopathology: gastrointestinal pathology, breast pathology, gynaecological and urological pathology and cytology.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities:
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification
Qualifications / Skills
- NHS experience or equivalent within last three years
- experience training graduates