You will work as a Trust F1 in the Medicine departments on a rotational role across the year.
Whilst these posts are non-training, they mirror training posts, and have protected teaching and training, and can have competency sign off with our Clinical Educational Supervisors, who are often College Examiners. Doctors coming into these posts have a very good success rate of securing training numbers in the UKMain duties of the job
To participate in providing, a service to the hospital and community so designated with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness with your Consultant.
All clinical staff are accountable and responsible for their own clinical competence and should limit their actions to those for which they are deemed competent. Clinical staff are also required to comply with the requirements of their professional organisation regarding supervision
During the period of your appointment you are likely to be attached to one of the Consultants within the Clinical Team, although during on-call periods you may be responsible to other Consultants.
Supervision of all admissions to the Wards, Clinical investigation, diagnosis and treatment of all patients admitted. The duties also involve maintaining patient's clinical notes and discharge summaries. The post holder undertakes exceptionally to perform additional duties in occasional emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Job description Job responsibilities
- Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest;
- Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire; Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion; and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire;
- 48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres;
- Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services;
- Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.
A detailed Job Description attached with full details of the role and main responsibilities required from the role.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
Desirable Clinical Experience Essential
- Full GMC Registration with Licence to practice
- -Valid Certified Advanced Life Support Skills
- MBBS or recognised equivalent
- -Commitment to team approach and multi-disciplinary working
- Able to apply knowledge