THIS POST IS FIXED TERM FOR UP TO 11 MONTHS DUE TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE
These are new fixed-term posts, which is being created to support the Medicine service in Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board.
The role will cover all aspects of acute medical services working at junior doctor grade. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates who wish to gain wider experience in general medicine in an acute setting and help prepare them for higher training. The post holder will be required to work on the junior doctor on-call rota for Prince Charles Hospital. There will also be the opportunity to develop outpatient clinic experience as practical procedures, the post would enable the successful applicant to achieve the competencies needed to apply for training posts.
Experience of working in the UK at least foundation level of general would be expected and special interests, which complement existing services, will be supported.
The post holder will be joining a dynamic, forward looking and innovative medical team. The post holder will be based at Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr Tydfil, where the Health Board has acute hospital beds covering all medical and surgical specialities. The Women and Child Health department is at present located in Royal Glamorgan Hospital, however this will move to Prince Charles Hospital in the near future.
English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to applyMain duties of the job
To assist within General Medicine, sub speciality to be confirmed.
To take part in the general medical on call.
To assist in team building across all Directorate services and teams.About us
The General Medicine Department in Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board (CTMUHB) is excited to offer multiple invites applications for fixed-term, whole time, Senior Clinical Fellow and possibly Junior Clinical Fellow posts.
The Senior Clinical Fellow will work with and support a team of consultants. It is expected the post holder will show clinical leadership, set standards, be involved in supervision of junior trainees within the Health Board. The level of clinical responsibility and delegated duties given to the Clinical Fellow will depend on previous experience and training and this will be in agreement with the Clinical Director and supervising consultant who retains overall responsibility for their patients.Job description Job responsibilities
Regular outpatient clinics.
To be actively involved in the management and decision making for patients.
Supporting more junior members of the team.
To be available during the working week so that medical and nursing staff can communicate and consult freely.
To conduct ward rounds to identify and assess problems and assist in joint plans for management of care.
To contribute to an appropriate model of care which, recognises the involvement of the multi-disciplinary team, the patient and family.
To contribute with the multi-disciplinary team in the use of referenced, evidence based guidelines, which are dated, signed and reviewed at least bi-annually or more frequently in light of new evidence.
- Work with the rest of the clinical team to support the delivery of a high quality service provided by well-trained staff within clear departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain good communication with clinical colleagues across the Health Board, regarding the treatment of their patients, and the appropriate use of the departments resources.
- Required to participate in the Health Board Risk Management process and in Clinical Audit and other clinical governance activities within the department, the directorate and the Health Board. The post holder will be positively encouraged to participate in research and development in line with Health Board, Commissioner and NHS priorities.
- In liaison with senior medical colleagues have responsibility for the proper functioning of the department in line with the operational policy and strategic plan of the Health Board.
- Work to ensure that services within the department fulfil contractual performance indicators and work closely with directorate colleagues in identifying problem areas and planning and implementing appropriate solutions.
Person Specification Knowledge Essential
- The post holder will be required to participate in the on call rota.
- Familiarity with the NHS system in UK
- Experience as middle-tier doctor in UK.
- Full registration with the GMC
- Full registration with ATLS, ALS, PALS, APLS provider status
- At least 2 years full-time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part time of flexible basis) in a specialty training programme in a relevant speciality or as a fixed term specialty trainee in a relevant specialty; or shall have equivalent experience or competencies.
- CMT1/2 work in ED within the UK
- An enthusiasm for clinical audit & reflective practice
- Can provide evidence of completed audit projects