Clinical Fellow/Senior CF/Speciality Drs Posts in General Adult Psychiatry in Community Mental Health
Hours: 37.5 hours per week / 10 sessions
You will join colleagues in a very dynamic and forward Mental Health Service providing the Substantive Consultant in General Psychiatry supporting the Adult Mental Health Community Service with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of mental illness within a Multi-disciplinary team.
As a senior employee of the health board the post holder will work in close co-operation with, and support other clinical, medical professional and managerial colleagues in providing high quality healthcare to the health board's patients. The post holder will have opportunities to consider and further develop areas of special interest in line with the HB and Welsh Government Mental Health priorities and strategy.
The Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Directorate is committed the continued development of a medical workforce which delivers integrated evidence based services and actively engages in continued service improvement to drive and deliver safe and high standard services.Main duties of the job
We are looking for Doctors to join General Psychiatry within our Community Team in Pembrokeshire. Our Mental Health Service has an excellent track record, and has won national prizes from the Royal College of Psychiatry award for its dedication to improve adult mental health services in mid and west Wales. We are working hard Transforming Mental Health Services within the Health Board and our core purpose is to work with people and lead communities in improving their mental and physical health and wellbeing for a better life; through delivering excellent and responsive prevention, diagnosis, early intervention, treatment and care.
You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic service that will offer an excellent opportunity to further enhance your knowledge and experience in the assessment and treatment in acute mental health care, for example emergency treatment for patients with severe and enduring mental illness.
We are able to provide you with excellent teaching and training. Overseas applicants should demonstrate a breadth and depth of experience comparable to that obtainable in the UK.
The Postgraduate Department has a fully developed programme of guest lectures, lunchtime and afternoon meetings, including special interest groups and co-ordinated intra-practice activities and career counselling. We also run a highly successful peer mentoring programme, in which you are encouraged to take an active part.About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Job description Job responsibilities
- Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
- Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire; Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion; and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
- 48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
- Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services
For full details of the role requirements please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for this vacancy.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Full GMC Registration with Licence to Practice
- -Valid Certified Advanced Life Support Skills
- 4 years full-time postgraduate training (or part-time equivalent), at least 2 of which in a specialty training programme in a relevant specialty Or as fixed term specialty trainee in a relelvant specialty OR MBBS or recognised equivalent
Clinical Experience Essential
- Section 12 Approved
- -Commitment to team approach and multi-disciplinary working
- -Broad based experience in Psychiatry
- Able to apply knowledge
- -Experience of the assessment of emergencies
Clinical Governance Essential
- -Experience of NHS
- -Wider experience, research and training in providing sub specialty service
- -Additional clinical qualification(s)
- -Evidence of participation in clinical audit and understanding role of audit in improving medical practice
- Knowledge of risk management
- -Evidence of participation in clinical audit
- Knowledge of risk management