Obstetrics and Gynaecology Consultant
John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle NSW
Permanent full time role 1.0 FTE 40 hours per week
• Are you looking to enrich your career and lifestyle?
• Do you love the great outdoors?
• Ever dreamt about living and working in Australia?
Do not miss this opportunity to live and work in a stunning east coast Australia location.
Our region is renowned for its lakeside parks, walking paths, bike tracks, National Parks, fishing, forests, golden beaches, diving, sailing and part of the Greater Newcastle and Hunter Valley vineyard regions.
Many urban professionals call our area home as they seek a more relaxed lifestyle and to indulge passions for the great outdoors, while still maintaining a fulfilling progressive career. The area has everything you will ever want or need with no compromise.
We are only 90 minutes’ drive north of Sydney and have great connections with other capital cities via flights. A temperate climate - mild winters and warm summers, all adds to the livability of our region. We have a world class university, research institute, numerous sporting facilities, award winning restaurants, cafes and attractions plus countless public, private school and preschool options.
See below for more details about our regions and Hunter New England Local Health District:
Lake Macquarie Area
Hunter Valley Wine Region
HNE Health: Living in the Region
HNE Health: Sustainable Healthcare - Together towards zero
HNE Health: Employee Benefits & Conditions
About our department:
- John Hunter Hospital Maternity and Gynaecology department is seeking applications from suitably qualified consultants in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for the provision of contemporary, comprehensive, evidence-based, safe, effective and patient-centered specialist services throughout the early pregnancy, antenatal, perinatal and postnatal continuum at John Hunter Hospital, to include taking clinical responsibility for a defined cohort of women booked under their care.
- This is an opportunity to work for the largest local health district in NSW which services a population of more than 900,000 across the Hunter, New England and Lower Mid North Coast areas. John Hunter Hospital is a Level 6, tertiary referral, major trauma and teaching hospital and is the largest hospital in the Hunter New England Local Health District. HNELHD has strong, innovative connections with the University of Newcastle and Hunter Medical Research Institute.
Some requirements of the role:
• Hold a primary medical degree registrable with AHPRA and Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
• Have demonstrated recent and comprehensive experience in Obstetrics
• Be named the lead consultant for workplace education and training, collaborating closely with the medical executive, Director of Prevocational Education and Training and RANZCOG Integrated Training Program Coordinator to supervise, train and mentor junior staff
• Participate in on call scheduled as determined by departmental needs
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Australian Government Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW. Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate or international equivalent.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact:
Dr Andy Woods – Director of Maternity and Gynaecology, John Hunter Hospital
Ph: +61 2 4921 4384 E: Andrew.Woods@health.nsw.gov.au
Application Enquiries: Sally Jordan, Senior Medical Recruitment Consultant
Ph: (02) 4985 3353 E: Sally.Jordan@health.nsw.gov.au
Agency applications are NOT accepted