United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust UNDERGRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT Job Title: CLINICAL TEACHING FELLOW - TRUST WIDE Department: Medical Education Location: Lincoln County Hospital or Pilgrim Hospital Boston Salary: 29,384 - 58,398 per annum Working Pattern: Full Time
This is a very exciting time to join the team at United Lincolnshire Hospital NHS Trust. The first intake of students at the new Lincoln Medical School commenced their studies in September 2019 and the Trust has been working very closely with the school to create and deliver the clinical curriculum.
We are delighted to invite applications for the role of Clinical Teaching Fellow to work within the Undergraduate Medical Education department.
The clinical teaching fellow post is for 12 months. The role involves the delivery of relevant, interactive and learning objective focussed sessions across a range of specialities.Main duties of the job
This clinical teaching fellow role has two main components:-
- Contributing to clinical teaching, training and mentoring of medical students. This will include theoretical classroom work, clinical skills sessions and preparing students for life as a foundation doctor. The latter including supervising students direct interaction with patients. There is also the opportunity to contribute to the clinical teaching delivered for the foundation programme.
- 2 clinical sessions a week that the successful applicant can negotiate in a speciality of their choosing. Previous post-holders have undertaken their clinical sessions in acute medicine, orthopaedics, anaesthetics, palliative care, dermatology and A&E
This post would be perfect for candidates who have just completed either Foundation or Core Training who have a passion for education and wish to develop their teaching skills.
Funding is available for the successful candidate to undertake a PG Cert in Medical Education.About usWhat's the hospital like?
Pilgrim Hospital is situated beautiful countryside and serves the communities in the South Lincolnshire area. It provides all major specialties and a 24-hour major accident and emergency service.
Grantham and District Hospital serves the communities of Grantham and the local area. It provides ambulatory paediatric and accident and emergency services.
Lincoln Hospital is a thriving university city and with the opening of the new medical school, it provides all major specialties and a 24-hour major accident and emergency service
Louth Hospital is set on the edge of the Wolds and serves the communities of Louth and the local area. It provides day case surgery, outpatients, and x-ray and endoscopy services
If you want to make a difference and be part of something new and exciting then we would love to hear from you so, what are you waiting for?! Excellence in rural healthcare, delivered by people who put patients at the heart of everything they do One Trust,Endless opportunitiesJob description Job responsibilitiesWhats in it for you??
So, apart from being part of a team that puts patients at the heart of everything we do, and seeing lives improved by the treatments we give, youll also get the following:
And theres more!!:
- NHS Pension: A generous and flexible pension scheme with contributions from us as your employer.
- Annual Leave: Starting at 27 days a year, rising to 33 days after 10 years plus eight bank holidays (for staff covered by Agenda for Change)
- Flexible working & career breaks: Helping you match work and home life ask about reduced hours, compressed hours, flexible working, term-time only working, job sharing and unpaid leave.
- Bank working: The chance to work extra hours at enhanced rates and well pay you weekly ideal if your income needs a quick boost.
- Relocation packages: If a relocation package is offered for the role, you could qualify for expenses of up to 25% of your starting salary.
What should you do next?
- Family & Childcare including on-site nurseries at Lincoln County Hospital and Pilgrim Hospital Boston, maternity, paternity, adoption & shared parental leave following a set period of employment.
- Health & Wellbeing including mindfulness, counselling, mental health first aid, health check MOTs, physiotherapy, eye tests.
- Learning & Development including Lincolnshire Talent Academy, leadership training, medical education, clinical education, Lincolnshire clinical research and GP speciality training programme.
- Discounts & Salary Sacrifice including Cycle2Work, car lease scheme, home electronics and wider wallet.
- Rewards & Recognition including staff awards, long service awards, retirement awards, examples of excellence and staff lottery.
Have a look at the job description and if you like what you see then apply today. Dont miss this fantastic opportunity to work with a great team in a supportive environment within a great institution. your NHS needs you!!!Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- oGMC Registered and license to practice
- oEvidence of completion of foundation programme/training (or equivalent)
Teaching Knowledge/Experience Essential
- oAttendance at a formal teaching/training course
- oKnowledge of UK undergraduate medical education
- oExperience of delivering teaching to undergraduate medical students
- oAbility to utilise information technology as an administrative tool
- oExperience of working with staff from different professional backgrounds
Contractual Requirements Essential
- oAwareness of national agenda in relation to medical education and training as laid down in the GMC's Promoting Excellence: Standards for Medical Education and Training
- oExperience of working within medical education
- oFlexibility in working hours to meet the requirements of the post
- oAbility and willingness to deliver teaching on all Trust sites as required
- oA genuine interest in teaching medical students