Clinical Lead GP required at Broad Oak Medical Practice
Broad Oak Medical Practice have an exciting opportunity for a General Practitioner Clinical Lead.
To lead the practice in delivering high quality clinical care to the patients registered and attending the GP surgery. To work closely with the local practice team to support the delivery of the surgeries operational plan.
The role will be at the forefront of delivering an innovative model of primary care service provision working with the wider teams within the Group sharing best practice and continuous development.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice ensuring participation in clinical governance activity and contribute to the improvement in quality of health outcomes through audit and the Quality and Outcomes Framework and contributing to the practice achieving other quality standards to include CQC standards.
- To provide clinical care to patients as described in the job plan, this will include consultation sessions, telephone triage, correspondence, results, medication reviews and prescription signing and other clinical administration, safeguarding lead, medicals, reports, home visits, surgery meetings and on-call (excluding out of hours).
- To adhere to the highest personal and professional standards as set out by the GMC and to put individual patient care as your priority.
- Working with the Practice Manager (and Locality Clinical Lead and Business Manager) to support the development, delivery and review of the surgery action plan – including list growth, patient satisfaction levels, QOF, enhanced services, KPI targets, resource profile and cost management.
- To have a sound working knowledge of the site contract, accounts and metrics.
- Attend regular meetings with on-site PM to discuss over-arching Practice issues and service provision, review monthly accounts and progress against business plan – ideally weekly but at least monthly.
- Provide clinical leadership for the surgery primary health care team in delivery of clinical care and recruitment of clinical team members.
- Support for sales, marketing and communications teams.
- To provide clinical leadership and support to the site’s GPs, nurses and trainees.
- To be a key team player and the ‘go to’ person for clinical issues at site level for all inc. reception/admin team members.
- Deliver regular clinical practice meetings ideally weekly but at least monthly, with minutes and action points and support at general practice meetings.
- Support the Practice Manager with clinical performance management issues.
- Support site clinicians in maintaining a fit for purpose medical workforce through annual performance review and clinical notes audit Agree study leave for site clinicians.
- To provide input with regard to development: clinical protocols/procedures, clinical systems use, evidence based practice, medicines management, clinical induction, probation sign off & training, audit and QOF delivery and performance.
- To ensure that all clinicians involved in local service provision are aware of their roles in the key processes.
- At all times to behave as a professional clinician and act as ambassador for Operose Health.
Clinical Governance, Health & Safety & Complaint Management
- To act as the surgery or site’s clinical governance lead and to facilitate implementation of key clinical governance processes within the locality.
- To consider with regard to Governance: NHS Standards for Health, Infection Control, Caldicott, Clinical Incident Reporting/SUIs, Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection, Complaints (not an exhaustive list).
- To support the Registered Manager in CQC compliance for the surgery
- To support the Practice Manager and the surgery team in Health and Safety issues and adhere to the company H&S policy
Engagement with Patients, Internal and External Stakeholders
- Initiate, develop and maintain excellent third party relationships e.g. with CCGs, NHSE Area Teams, sub-contractor providers, patient groups, local community health teams and other stakeholders to grow, maintain and support service and performance delivery.
- Attend networking events to optimise local integration opportunities and support the delivery of service and growth of surgery within the local health economy
- Maintain a full, accurate and up to date knowledge of industry changes and legislative requirements
- To develop site specific plans to address the requirements of the local CCG/NHSE Area Team and management of local priorities (e.g. prescribing, referrals and unscheduled care etc.)
- Keep abreast of Business Development opportunities for Services etc within the organisation
- An experienced doctor with GP accreditation
- Current registration with GMC and NHS performers list (with no conditions preventing working or restrictions on practice)
- Record of on-going CPD and learning
- MRCGP examination or equivalent experience
- Sound knowledge of clinical governance
- Will have an understanding of the political agenda and drivers influencing primary care provision.
- Good leadership skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Good organisational and IT skills desirable
- Will have excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to working as part of a team.
- Will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Clear commitment to delivering quality and patient focused services.
There is a fantastic package on offer including:
- Highly competitive remuneration package
- Excellent working environment with unique levels of support to GPs
- Portfolio diversification opportunities including hubs, triage, teaching and education, digital platform remote consultation
- 6 weeks annual leave & one-week study leave pro rata
- Full MPS indemnity cover
- NHS Pension
- Full financial and practical support to become F2 supervisor/ GP Trainer
- GP Trainer Income
- Opportunity to develop medical student teaching and other specialist interests
- BUPA private health insurance(depending on number of sessions)
- Enhanced ill health cover
- Active practice social calendar
- Benefits package and 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular in-house clinical training/learning sessions and workshops
We are committed to the next generation of GP’s who will receive unrivalled support and be supported to grow and develop successful careers within the organisation.