We, Island Employment Partners Ltd, work with companies based throughout Bermuda's business community to provide a range of specialized services in temporary and permanent recruitment, human resource consultancy, payroll, and immigration process management.
Our Client, Island Ophthalmology Ltd., is seeking a full-time Consultant Ophthalmologist for their busy private practice based in Bermuda. The Ophthalmologist will be responsible for operating a general clinic and providing medical retina, glaucoma, and cataract services in-house. They will perform cataract surgeries, as well as undertake emergency surgical procedures, trauma repairs, and basic oculoplastic procedures. Additionally, they will run a retinal laser and intravitreal injection service in house.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- USA ophthalmology board certification or UK GMC specialist registration, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years post completion of training experience (CCT or board certification).
Required Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
- Competency with a full range of ophthalmology equipment in a general clinic, providing medical retina, glaucoma, and cataract services.
- Must be an independent cataract surgeon, and be able to undertake emergency surgical procedures, trauma repairs and basic oculoplastic procedures, as well as run a retinal laser and intravitreal injection service.
- Ability to run clinics containing surgical retina, oculoplastic and paediatric patients.
- Ability to offer sub-specialist procedures, in particular glaucoma surgery, is desirable.
- Some familiarity with the provision of private healthcare, billing, and personnel management.
Bermuda boasts some of the most breathtaking beaches (there’s at least one within a mile from anywhere you are on the island!), a sub-tropical climate year-round, rich culture and history, world renowned golf courses and plenty of activities for the outdoor enthusiast.
Mark Twain had it right when he said, “You can go to heaven if you want. I’d rather stay right here in Bermuda.”
We look forward to welcoming you!
Suitable applications can be made to Jenna Viera-West by clicking the Apply button / Tel: 1-441-296-0497.
Closing date: 6th October 2022.