Staff Specialist / VMO
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Applications are invited for the position of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Northeast Health Wangaratta. This position will provide services to NHW for elective and emergency obstetrics and gynaecology and will share on-call cover with the four existing Obstetrician/Gynaecologists. The successful applicant will be required to relocate to Wangaratta.
Northeast Health Wangaratta is the major regional health service and specialist referral centre for northeast Victoria. It serves a population of approximately 90,000 and has over 19,000 inpatient episodes and 25,000 Emergency Department attendances a year, and approximately 700 deliveries. NHW provides a wide range of acute specialist medical and surgical services. An emergency department, critical care unit (ICU, HDU, CCU), obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics and specialised aged care, medical oncology services, community rehabilitation, and inpatient, community, aged and psycho-geriatric mental health services.
The University of Melbourne’s Rural Clinical School has a node located in Wangaratta with medical students completing their clinical studies at NHW and additional medical students rotate from Melbourne teaching hospitals.
Wangaratta is surrounded by beautiful countryside, the Alps and wineries, with a host of recreational and lifestyle choices on offer. It has excellent schools and is just 45 minutes from Albury or two and a half hours freeway driving from Melbourne.
You must have Registration with the Medical Board of Australia and Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and appropriate experience. Specialist trainees approaching the end of their training are also encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will enjoy the benefits of competitive remuneration and full salary packaging benefits that are available to Victorian Public Health Sector employees.
People & Culture
(03) 5722 5737 // firstname.lastname@example.org // PO Box 386, Wangaratta 3676 // www.nhw.org.au
Applying for the role:
- Confirmation of full Covid-19 and Flu Vaccination required upon application
- Enquiries can be made with Director of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dr Amelia Bock via Melissa Murfitt, Executive Assistant to Executive Director of Medical Services Melissa.Murfitt@nhw.org.au or (03) 5722 5233
- A PD for this role can be downloaded below or at www.northeasthealth.org.au/careers/jobs/
- Employment Statutory Declaration form must be submitted with your application
- Completed applications including CV and letter of introduction outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirement of the Position Description should be emailed to Melissa by clicking the Apply button.
Please also download the attached document for further information regarding this post.
Please Note: All Health Workers are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, or have an approved medical exemption.