Applications are invited for the position of Locum Consultant Vascular Surgeon, at Kings College Hospital to commence as soon as possible for a period of 12 months.
The unit provides a full range of vascular surgical procedures for elective and emergency admissions. The service is well supported by vascular radiologists and a fully equipped vascular laboratory.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will join the team and work flexibly to cover the varied workload and service commitments.About us
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's largest and busiest teaching Trusts with a turnover of c1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 15,000 staff based across South East London. The Trust provides a full range of local and specialist services across its five sites. The trust-wide strategy of Strong Roots, Global Reachis our Vision to be BOLD, Brilliant people, Outstanding care, Leaders in Research, Innovation and Education, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do. By being person-centred, digitally-enabled, and focused on sustainability, we aim to take Team King's to another level.
We are at a pivotal point in our history and we require individuals who are ready to join a highly professional team and make a real, lasting difference to our patients and our people.
King's is committed to delivering Sustainable Healthcare for All via our Green Plan. In line with national Greener NHS ambitions, we have set net zero carbon targets of 2040 for our NHS Carbon Footprint and 2045 for our NHS Carbon Footprint Plus. Everyone's contribution is required in order to meet the goals set out in our Green Plan and we encourage all staff to work responsibly, minimising their contributions to the Trust's carbon emissions, waste and pollution wherever possible.Job description Job responsibilities
The successful candidate will join the team and work flexibly to cover the varied workload and service commitments.Person Specification Qualifications, Higher Qualifications, Interview Eligibility, and Registration. Essential
- Registerable medical qualification
- FRCS or equivalent
- Within six months of the expected date of CCT (or equivalent) on the day of interview
- Full registration with GMC and Name on Specialist Register on date of taking up appointment.
Training and Experience, Administration, and Management and Leadership. Essential
- Other higher degree or diploma (e.g., MD)
- Wide experience in all aspects of vascular surgery, including vascular trauma, culminating in award of CCT or equivalent.
- Experience in day to day organisation of vascular services in a busy Teaching Hospital
- Able to demonstrate leadership capability within multi-disciplinary teams.
Audit & quality improvement, and Research. Essential
- Experience in vascular access surgery
- Familiar with current structure of Health Service and conversant with recent initiatives and changes
- Management course and/or qualification
- Thorough understanding of principles of medical audit and quality improvement
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to lead change.
- Experience of conducting or supporting clinical research.
Teaching, and Personal Skills. Essential
- Relevant research experience in one or more aspects of vascular and endovascular surgery.
- Publication of relevant review articles or case reports.
- Experience of undergraduate and post-graduate teaching and exam preparation.
- Effective communicator, able to work in a close-knit team and co-operate with all medical and paramedical staff
- Flexible and resilient.
Personal attributes, and Kings Values. Essential
- Teaching skills course/qualification
- Familiarity with information technology and general computer skills
- Professional attitude towards work, reliability, good record of attendance and tidy personal appearance
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of Kings Values.
- Commitment to uphold Kings Values