Voted as one of the Sunday Times Best Places to live, our city and the region are one of the big reasons why a career at NUH is the right choice for so many.
The city has been named in the top ten places to bring up a family and the top UK city to make your salary stretch further. Whilst you’re probably already familiar with Robin Hood (and yes, there is still a castle and a Sherriff), there is so much more to Nottingham than its legends. There’s rich culture on every corner with something for all tastes and a thriving independent restaurant and shopping sector
The three campuses of Nottingham University Hospitals are based in and around the city centre with direct access to all of the amenities and attractions. 25% of Nottingham is made up of green spaces and parks but within a short journey you can be in the spectacular surrounding countryside of the Peak District, Sherwood Forest, Rutland Water and the Lincolnshire coast.
NUH was established in 2006. We have a budget of just under £1billion, over 16,000 staff, 90 wards and 1,700 beds across three main sites: QMC, City Hospital and Ropewalk House. We deliver district general services to 2.5 million residents of Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and its surrounding communities. Our specialist services allow us to deliver care to 4-5 million people from across the East Midlands and nationally for a handful of services.
Our staff make us who we are: a listening and caring organisation. We are proud of our award-winning staff wellbeing programme. We provide dedicated staff physios, fitness facilities and staff benefits to show colleagues how valued they are.
Recognising and rewarding staff is an important part of being part of 'Team NUH' and we celebrate our colleagues throughout the year through Trust wide and local recognition schemes.
We can offer you a unique range of opportunities because we are:
- The third largest teaching hospital in the country
- The biggest Major Trauma Centre in the Country
- One of the most research active places outside of London-Oxford-Cambridge. WE host the National Institute for Health Nottingham Biomedical Research Center and Nottingham Clinical Research Facilities, which together are centres of excellence for clinical research
- A national and international leader for many of our specialist services including; Hearing, Stroke, Renal, Neurosciences and Cancer.
- Part of one of the first Integrated Care Systems in the country now up and running in Greater Nottingham, developing new models of care across the region.