Consultant posts in Vascular Surgery in North Wales
Do you want to be a part of an exciting development to improve the health of the population we serve? We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Consultant Vascular Surgeon to join Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board's North Wales Vascular Network.
The tertiary unit for major arterial surgery is located at Glan Clwyd Hospital, Bodelwyddan, Denbighshire. As an integral part of this development we have installed a state of the art Hybrid Theatre in addition to a new interventional radiology suite in Glan Clwyd hospital. The Health Board has invested in a team of consultant surgeons, interventional radiologists, middle grade doctors, specialist nursing staff, and a dedicated vascular ward.
The North Wales Vascular Network provides services to a population of approximately 700,000 residents. Spoke services are provided at Ysbyty Gwynedd and Wrexham Maelor Hospital.
In conjunction with our existing Vascular Surgeons, Interventional Radiologists and a hard-working, highly motivated team of medical and nursing staff, the successful appointee will provide a high quality, modern service in a rapidly developing unit. The posts will be based at Glan Clwyd Hospital and will service our spoke sites at Wrexham Maelor Hospital or Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor.Main duties of the job
You will provide with consultant colleagues (as appropriate) a service in the speciality to the hospitals so designated, with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness.
You will have continuing responsibility for the care of patients in your charge in liaison with consultant colleagues and for the proper functioning of the department
You will be responsible for the professional supervision and management of junior medical staff.
You will be required to participate in continuing medical / dental education in ways which are acceptable to the Chief Executive.
You will be required to participate in and contribute to Clinical Audit in line with the Health Board's policy on the implementation of Clinical governance.
The successful candidate will participate in the North Wales Vascular Network on-call rota.
You will be responsible for carrying out teaching, examination and accreditation duties as required.
All consultants teach and train at all levels of undergraduate and postgraduate education.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to participate fully in current research and Audits projects and to initiate projects of his/her own.
You will be required to co-operate with local management in the efficient running of servicesAbout us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.
As part of the Health Board's strategic collaboration with Bangor University, individuals with an interest in teaching and research who can demonstrate and agree a possible contribution to the School can be considered and nominated for recognition through the University's process for granting honorary titlesand help to deliver our shared vision for the North Wales School of Medicine and Health.Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documentsPerson Specification Qualifications Essential
- Full GMC Registration
- Entry on the GMC Specialist Register via: - CCT or CESR (CP) - it is proposed that the CCT/CESP (CP) date must be within 6 months of the interview date, - CESR or - European Community Rights
- FRCS (Vascular) or qualification of an equivalent level
- An appropriate higher Vascular surgical qualification
- CCT Holder
- MD or other higher degree
- Broad training in Vascular Surgery
- Broad Vascular surgery experience
- Experience in management of vascular trauma
- Fellowship in Vascular Surgery
- Experience in EVAR
Desirable Audit Essential
- Commitment to team approach and multi-disciplinary working
- Counselling and communication skills
- Up-to-date with current practices in Vascular Surgery
- Evidence of participation in clinical audit and understanding role of audit in improving medical practice. Understanding of clinical risk management and clinical governance
- Active research interests
- Evidence of initiating, progressing and concluding research projects with publication
- Commitment to participating in and understanding of the management process
- Evidence of management training
- Evidence of teaching medical/dental students and junior doctors/dentists
- Organisation of (undergraduate and/or postgraduate) teaching programmes