Emergency Physician / Emergency Senior Medical Officer In Charge
76 hours per fortnight
Northeast Health Wangaratta (NHW) is the major health provider in the Central Hume region with an extensive range of acute, sub-acute, aged care and community services.
NHW are seeking an Emergency Physician / Emergency Senior Medical Officer In Charge (EP / ESMO) to be responsible for ensuring the day-to-day clinical operation of the Emergency Department delivers effective and safe high-quality patient care. The role includes direct clinical care as part of the senior staffing roster.
The position works closely with the Clinical Director of Emergency Services (CDES), Operational Directors, and other senior clinical staff to ensure the Emergency Department achieves key organisational performance measures, develops and maintains effective working relationships within the Hospital, the region, with other service providers, key stakeholders, consumer organisation and the community.
The EP / ESMO assists with change management within the Emergency Department to achieve ongoing improvement and delivery of safe, consistent, responsive and high-quality services.
The organisational structure encompasses a CDES, EP / ESMO, Junior Medical staff and Interns. Clinical privileges will be exercised within the scope of practice granted by NHW Medical Appointments and Scope of Practice Committee.
The University of Melbourne’s Rural Clinical School has a node located in Wangaratta with medical students completing their clinical studies at NHW. Specialist Trainees are rotated to NHW from a number of Melbourne Tertiary Hospitals.
NHW has an active research unit and there is opportunity to be involved in local and larger, multi-centre research trials.
The successful applicant will enjoy the benefits of competitive remuneration and full salary packaging benefits that are available to Victorian Public Health Sector employees.
Applying for the role:
- Enquiries can be made with Dr Susanty Tay on 03 5722 5320 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirmation of full Covid-19 Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required upon application
- A PD for this role can be downloaded below or at www.northeasthealth.org.au/careers/jobs/
- Applications must address the key selection criteria from the PD
- Employment Statutory Declaration form must be submitted with your application
- To apply for this position, head over to our careers page via the click Apply Now/Join Now
- All additional documents can be uploaded within the application after filling in the key criteria
Please also download the attached Position Description for further information regarding the post.