The University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust (UHL) consists of three acute teaching hospitals serving the population of Leicestershire and the wider region. It is fully committed to Continuing Medical Education for Consultants.
This is an exciting new post in the Clinical Management Group of Intensive care, Theatres, Anaesthesia, Pain Management and Sleep (ITAPS) at the Leicester Royal Infirmary site, with a view to the development of the Paediatric Anaesthetic Service in support of the creation of a dedicated Children’s Hospital at the Leicester Royal Infirmary
It is expected that the post holder will have received at least one year of advanced training and experience in all areas of paediatric anaesthesia and neonatal surgery at a recognised centre of excellence.
The scope of surgical practice at the hospitals offers exciting and varied clinical opportunities for consultant anaesthetists and there is continued support for non-clinical professional activities both inside and outside the trust.
A enhanced relocation package is available for this post.
Candidates with advanced Paediatric training within a specialised Paediatric centre will be considered
Main duties of the job
- To provide Consultant Anaesthetic cover for elective and emergency surgery at UHL including preoperative assessment and postoperative care.
- To participate in the paediatric consultant On-Call Rota currently on a 1:9
- To participate in pre assessment clinics and MDT Meetings
- Deliver a high quality anaesthetic service, supporting the department with a positive attitude towards flexible working.
- Work with the acute pain team to provide safe and effective postoperative analgesia to patients in relation to Paediatrics.
- Supervise and train junior anaesthetic medical staff.
- To participate in Clinical teaching of both undergraduates and postgraduates studying towards the FRCA examination.
- Develop the EMCHC Anaesthetic Service along with the other Consultants at UHL.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name: Dr Elsa Dekker
Job title: Consultant
Email address: Elsa.Dekker@uhl-tr.nhs.uk
Telephone number: 0116 258 6474
Additional contact information
For further details / informal visits contact: Dr Neil Flint, Head of Service,
Tel: 0116 258 6474
To apply for this post, please click the Apply button.