Associate Specialist in Emergency Medicine
Princess Elizabeth Hospital, Guernsey. 12 PA post: 9 clinical, 2 SPA, 1 on-call. Salary subject to experience.
Are you tired of…
- Daily headaches of exit block and crowding
- Long ambulance queue and overfull waiting room
- Impossible workload – working to exhaustion
- Queue busting, menial tasks or chasing 4hr target – and losing
- No teaching, personal satisfaction or quality of care Do you wish for…
- Better work-life balance – time to enjoy island life
- Prospect of CESR portfolio development
- Luxury of wholly senior delivered service
- Lower tax & pension contributions and no VAT on goods
Then come to Guernsey as an Associate Specialist – join a senior team of 8 Associate Specialists and 4 Consultants on a 2-tier rota. We are seeking to appoint an experienced clinician to boost service delivery and add resilience to an evolving service. You will have access to POC Ultrasound, NIV, Procedural Sedation (adults & paeds), unrestricted EM practice, regular teaching, generous CPD and time for comprehensive clinical care.
Your 12 PA contract (3 clinical shifts/week, 2 SPA protected) will include 1-in-3 weekends, a sustainable frequency of night shifts, infrequent on-call and a senior delivered service. You would be expected to adhere to HSC policies & States of Guernsey regulations.
The successful applicant must have GMC registration & Licence to practice, an up-to-date appraisal & revalidation portfolio.
Plans for CESR will be supported. Experience of hands-on EM service delivery in the UK is important. Sub–speciality interest, Teaching or Research roles are welcome.
To assist in any relocation, a generous payment will be made which can be used to supplement any interview expenses and moving costs. You will also be entitled to a long term employment permit which enables your family to live/work in Guernsey. The permit allows you to buy property at local market prices which are lower in price.
If you need to discuss anything, please contact:
Mr Aruni Sen, Lead Consultant 07839 755001, email@example.com or
Dr. Neil Robinson, Consultant 01481 225098, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply here by clicking Apply Now button.