A vacancy has arisen for a specialty doctor (10 PAs / sessions per week) to provide clinical support to the South Bedfordshire and Luton CAMHS service within the wider Specialist Services directorate. This post will be based within the CRISIS & Home Treatment Team (HTT), based at Charter House, Luton & Beech Close, Dunstable.
Main duties of the job
The CRISIS and HTT is a specialist team within CAMHS that provides a service to children and young people across Bedfordshire and Luton presenting with moderate to severe mental health problems. The teams offer assessment and treatment for CYP in the community. There are also links with the local hospitals (L&D and Bedford Hospital)
The team provides evidence based assessments and interventions for children and young people who present with mental health problems. The aim is to deliver interventions and services locally or virtually including home visits.
Both teams are multidisciplinary and consists of clinicians trained to a high level of expertise in a range of professions: child & adolescent psychiatry, psychology, nursing, family therapy, social workers and support workers.
The team is managed by Clinical Team Leads (medical and non medical CTLs) and operational lead for each pathway. There is 1 wte Consultant support to the team.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Please see JD (Job Description) and PS (Personal Specification) for full details of role requirements.
Education, Training & Qualifications
- MB.BS, MBChB or equivalent
- Full Registration with the GMC
- Section 12 Approval
- Experience of working with children and adolescents
- Working in different clinical settings
- Working with people with serious and enduring mental illness
- Experience of working with young people with mental health problems of an acute and severe nature
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team
- Child and adolescent mental health disorders and their management
- Mental Health Legislation
- Outcomes measurements
- Experience of pharmacological treatments
- Risk assessment and risk management
- Understanding and knowledge of the role voluntary organisations
- Healthcare Governance
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, non-verbal and written
- Develop effective working relationships
- Function autonomously as well as being a team player
- Assessing, formulating and prioritising patients' needs
- Apply research and theory to practice
- Evidence based service development
- Skills and a range of therapeutic interventions and psycho-social treatment options
- Ability to cope effectively under pressure and in stressful situations
- Courteous and respectful of patients, families and carers
- Assertive, independent, flexible
- Capable of multi-disciplinary and inter-agency working