At Mount Vernon Cancer Centre and UCLH London we run a specialist oncology service for patients with newly diagnosed and metastatic UM. Patients are referred from across the country for access to clinical trials and specialist care. If you are successful in being appointed to this post you will:
- Analyse data and write associated publications
- Develop trial protocols
- Gain experience in the management of uveal and cutaneous melanoma
Main duties of the job
- You will attend and support clinics with a focus on recruiting patients for clinical trial
- You will learn about the clinical management and side effect management of UM and CM Management
- You will analyse data, write papers and develop a clinical trial protocol in UM
- You will interact with translational science collaborators
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general and specialist services we provide and our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible and innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation and our staff and patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
ENHT is seeking to maintain and expand the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre staff as we move to an exciting new future.
We welcome applications from those who would relish the opportunity to be part of new and developing cancer service, building on the excellent reputation, research and patient experience the Cancer Centre already delivers.
For further information on this post please view the attached job description and person specification.
- Hold a current licence to practice from the General Medical Council
Clinical Expertise in Speciality/Subspeciality
- Broad range of experience in Oncology
- Participation in research
Fitness to Practice
- Evidences engagement with appraisal and revalidation