This job has expired

Senior Clinical Fellow in Neonates

Employer
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Location
PRESTON
Salary
£51,017 a year per annum
Closing date
20 Aug 2022

View more

Sector
Hospital, Neonatology
Career Level
Fellow
Contract Type
Fixed Contract
Hours
Full Time
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Applications are invited for a Trust senior clinical fellow ST4-8 equivalent post in Neonates. The post is for an initial period of 12 months covering Deanery gaps.

The successful candidate would be expected to work as a middle grade (Tier2) for the neonatal services. In addition to clinical responsibilities, they would have responsibilities for supervision, training and education of junior members of the team.

You will be expected to assist the Consultant team in the day to day functioning of the neonatal unit and take part in relevant audits and governance arrangements for the service. The post holder would not have any commitments for the general Paediatric services.

Main duties of the job

The clinical duties will comprise routine and out of hours acute cover within the Neonatal Services. The work will be based on a full shift system, sharing the rota with the ST3 -7 and equivalent trainee doctors.

The number of doctors participating in the shift system on the neonatal unit will be six doctors with resident consultants covering some night shifts

About us

The Newborn Services consist of acute cover for the 30 bedded Neonatal Intensive Care unit, the Delivery Suite, Preston Birthing Centre and the Postnatal wards all housed in the Sharoe Green Unit at Royal Preston Hospital. Over the past 4 years, there has been an average of 4500 births in the Trust , with 80% within the Obstetric led unit, the remaining 20% occurring in one of the two Midwifery led Birthing centres within the Trust or at home. Admission rates to NICU are 9% of livebirths.

The NICU has 14 designated acute cots (IC or HD) and 14 Special care cots with additional two en-suite parents' rooms for Transitional Care. An additional Transitional Care service is provided on the postnatal wards to facilitate care alongside mother and baby.

The NICU provides all modalities of respiratory support including HFOV, inhaled Nitric oxide, CPAP, BiPAP and high flow humidified oxygen devices. We are one of two Level 3 NICUs for the Lancashire and South Cumbria Neonatal Network who provide Therapeutic Hypothermia (Cooling).

Job description
Job responsibilities

Please refer to the attached Job description, Person specification and Specialty Trust Brochure for further details on:

  • What we can offer
  • Job Plan/On-call Requirements
  • The Team


Thanks for taking the time to view this advert; were looking forward to receiving your application. You should be aware that the vacancy may close earlier than the published date if sufficient applications are received so it would be best to apply as soon as you can. Well contact you by e-mail to update you on the progress of your application so please check the e-mail account that you applied from (including spam/junk) regularly.

Previous applicants need not apply.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Person Specification
Qualifications
Essential

  • Full GMC Registration and Licence to Practice
  • MBBS/MBChB or equivalent

Desirable

  • Full MRCPCH
  • MRCPCH 1 and working towards MRCPCH 2

Experience
Essential

  • Practical experience in the management of a wide range of paediatric and neonatal conditions
  • NLS Provider up to date certification
  • Appropriate safe guarding children training (Level 3), this can be facilitated if not done

Desirable

  • Have at least 2 years training in Paediatrics ( in the UK), including 6 months neonatal experience as a middle grade
  • NLS Instructor

Research & Development
Essential

  • Evidence of interest in personal development e.g. through Audits, research and/or publications

Desirable

  • Research or Audit publications or presentations

 


BMJRef: BMJ-88230/438-MS2701

 

You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert