This role will be supported by a £12,000 relocation allowance
We are delighted to offer the opportunity for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our Community Mental Health Team in our West and South Norfolk Care Group.
You will play a key role in the multi-disciplinary team, as a clinical leader, in the care of people with complex needs, through your expertise and innovative approach, in a team committed to continuous improvement.
As Consultant Psychiatrist you will also support aftercare for people receiving support under the Mental Health Act, as Responsible Clinician under Section 12.
Through the trust's 5 year plan and beyond, our mission is to achieve positive mental health by providing safe, effective trusted services together with our partners. We believe in recovery and wellbeing, and understand the importance of good health, maintaining relationships and achieving a balance between treatment, intervention and continuing an active life,
The people we serve, and their families and carers are at the centre of all aspects of all we do.
Main duties of the job
The Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) provides specialist assessment, diagnosis, treatment and care to adults with a mental health need in their own environments and the community team base.
Interventions offered include:
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment for adults over the age of 25 presenting with a mental health need
- Providing access to and delivery of a range of evidence-based therapeutic interventions on an individual, family & /or group basis, which focus on the recovery needs of the patient
- Monitoring of mental health and delivering agreed treatment plans
- Identifying lead professional/ Care Co-ordinator allocated
- Regular clinical care planning and outcome reviews including the mental health cluster reviews
- Providing relapse prevention planning, including crisis and recovery plans
- A Flexible Assertive Community Treatment (FACT) model is also embedded within the CMHT.
You will join a team of 3 full-time Consultant Psychiatrists covering the Adult Community service. Each Consultant Psychiatrist is allocated a geographical sector and you will cover an agreed number of GP practices within Primary Care Networks in Dereham, Breckland and Mid Norfolk.
The Adult Community Service receives on average 80 to 100 referrals a month. It is expected that the you will provide direct contacts for around 20 patients on average per month, in addition to providing advice to team members as needed for management of cases. Caseloads of practitioners are not expected to exceed 30 people.
The Community Mental Health Team is made up of multi professional colleagues, including Nurses, Psychologists, Clinical Support workers, and associate practitioners. The Community Mental Health team also hosts graduate trainees, medical trainees and students, and nursing students.
For further information, please see the attached job description.
**Please be aware the job description is pending approval from the Royal College**
- Entry on the GMC register
- Section 12(2) Approved under the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- Approved Clinician Status
- At least 6 months experience in specific specialty
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently